1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Colleague, Friend, Girl Friend, Wife???!!! - A love story....

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Miracle1000, Mar 3, 2016.

1. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

luckily no.....touch wood :)

Miracle1000 likes this.
  2. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

Yeah dear we don want stereotypes

Miracle1000 likes this.
  3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Agreed, as I said just that I dint understand. I dont doubt your approach though just that my frequency is way below to get the gist of it..:mask:

I am sure she wont disappoint her FIL and Future hubby..they will be amazed with her idea. After all she is highest wicket grabber in this series. She is always woman of the match..:banana::banana:. Somehow I don't worry much for the next scene , may be because of the confidence I have in her.

Finally, as always you are rockstar of the stories.

--PS

Miracle1000 likes this.
  4. Thesikutti

Thesikutti Bronze IL'ite

Oh sissy.. Sanju is a straightforward, bold girl right..!! Nice one miracle dear.. :clapclap:Curiosity got increased... Don't know wat Vishwa' s dad will say.. But I'm sure sanju will somehow impress his dad too..!! :hearteyes::kissingheart:

Miracle1000 likes this.
  5. rambhu

rambhu Silver IL'ite

Ohhh my darling sweetto Sanju, ready with any topic for discussion.. so future FIL and DIL going to sit on the presentation and bag the deal in place of Vishwa.. that way FIL will be impressed by business ideas of Sanuju darling... eagerly waiting for next episode dear.. :)

Miracle1000 likes this.
  6. Miracle1000

Miracle1000 Platinum IL'ite

Chapter 42 :

Vishwa’s Pov :

I knew something is wrong in this.. It occurred in my mind since I opened this presentation, I just couldn’t quite put my finger on it.. But my gut instinct kept saying something is not right.. First how did you find out it’s them.. And what you feel wrong in this presentation..” Dad.

I was relaxed and worried at the same time because my dad didn’t get angry on Sanju and his voice sounded extremely anxious..

Dad, What’s happening.. You seem very upset..” I took out the water bottle from the holder and gave it to him.. He took a few sips..

“I don’t know Vishwa.. They contacted us saying they would like to consider our proposal first before letting the deal in open for others.. I was very confident that we can do this project with ease and all our experience will be put to good use.. But there were other pressing issues with few other clients which needed my sole attention.. So I handed this entire work to Venkat. He’s with us for past ten years and I had full confidence and trust in him.. And whenever I get few minutes of time, I’ll follow up with him and ask about the presentation file.. Every time something came up in the way or he said he will submit it to me once it’s done completely.. I didn’t give much of thought to it before.. Previous night Venkat submitted me the presentation files and this morning he has mailed me that he’s severely ill and can’t come with me for today’s meeting.. This is a very confidential project, So I don’t want to take another person with me.. That’s why I came to pick you myself..” Dad said tiredly.

“How do you know they are launching in India?? They haven’t made any official public announcement yet..” Dad.

“Did the name ‘Alexandre Bourgeois’ ring a bell??” Sanju.

“How can it not.. He’s a legendary maestro known for his haute couture interior designs in France..” Dad.

Well.. Am one of his students.. This is my passion, So I started doing online courses since my schooling and I have attended numerous workshops.. He was a guest lecturer in Parisian university of arts and designs and I got acquainted with him when I enrolled myself for a summer course in that University four years back.. He took me under his wings since then and I have worked as an intern in few of his projects.. He mentioned in our last video call that he was offered to take up this job but he declined as he was committed with already accepted projects.. So when you said international client I guessed it will be them..” Sanju.

“I really can’t believe this.. I have met him once in a high-profile conference.. We shared a short talk and I found him extremely haughty.. But you really should have a flair for this if he had accepted you as his intern..” Dad.

That he is.. I submitted a paper on fusion of Victorian designs with modern patterns.. He sent my paper back with ‘You cannot put new wine in old bottle’.. He just like that dismissed my days and nights of work.. I was so frustrated and God’s grace he visited Mumbai to work on a top actor’s new house that same week.. I gate crashed his party and asked him to explain what’s wrong with my paper and he found me quite amusing.. He does have a wacky sense of humor though.. But everything I went through became worthy when he asked me to join his team of interns and he is more than any university can teach you..”

Sanju spoke with a faraway look in her eyes.. Like she’s reliving those days..

“That’s really impressive.. But if that’s your passion why do you have to choose engineering and work as a software engineer sitting behind a system all day??”

Because my two best friends parents wanted them to study engineering and became software engineers as they are still under the delusion that Software jobs are the only highly paid jobs.. I wanted to be with them and I found there were so many flexible virtual courses which I can do on my comfort zone , that’s why.. ” Sanju.

What.. You wanted to be with your friends so you didn’t pursue your passion?? Here, my son will not give up his passion even for his dad.. I don’t know how things work with this generation..” Dad.

Great Dad.. You cannot sleep at night peacefully if you didn’t pull my leg once a day..

But I did pursue my passion Uncle.. I didn’t give up on it either.. I have done few Pro bono projects too.. I was not sure whether I’ll stay satisfied doing interiors for the rest of my life.. So before settling into one, I wanted to check my other options also.. I do like my current profession but I don’t get that ecstatic feel when I work with color palettes and furniture and patterns.. I’ll switch my career soon..” Sanju.

Please keep up my card in that case dear.. I’ll be ready to take you anytime in..” My dad said with a smile.

I watched both of them talk and bewildered by the dramatic turn of events.. I saw my Dad looking at both me and Sanju and his eyes twinkled with disappointment and greed..

Dad, are you thinking of exchanging me and Shylu with Sanju if it’s possible??”

You are good in mind reading Vishwa.. Will your dad play monopoly game Sanju.. We can work on trading rules and I’ll add a huge sum of money along with this two and offer..” Dad.

My mom would be more than ready to without even the money Uncle.. But my dad will not accept, he loves his burden way too much..” Sanju said jokingly.

I thought so.. And we totally side tracked.. What did you find wrong in the presentation??” Dad.

From whatever I glimpsed on the slides it looked like that Venkat has put his complete efforts to not let you get this project.. Brooks Lodgings has a total of forty hotels around the world and they always use a mixture of themes..”

Sanju said and took the laptop from my dad..

See.. Lobbies are the first thing that will catch our eyes and they always use Art Nouveau design system there.. But this guy has done this in minimalist design style.. This itself will make them think you haven’t done enough research on their background.. And the entire theme he has used concrete floors with rugs which is a big no no.. They always go with hardwood stained floors.. And a massive marble stone sculptured water fountain is their signature style in atrium which is totally missing.. And they take great pride in their rich French history and every one of their hotels will have a Wine cellar combined with an art gallery which will be done only in rustic french country design..” Sanju.

How many times she will make people go slack jawed.. I saw my Dad also sporting the same look..

Oh my God.. Everything you say makes sense.. But I just don’t understand how could Venkat have missed all these when he is working for more than a month over this..” Dad.

Uncle.. If I myself can find all these stuffs in few days, It just shows he deliberately planned to sabotage this project.. So it will become open to other companies..” Sanju said in a low voice.

My dad’s face went pale.. I know how much he trusted this guy and he has mentioned a lot about his talent and loyalty.. He had even teased me saying one day he is going to write this property in his name as he finds him more befitting to own his company.. He took out his mobile and called someone and asked him to check about Venkat.. They returned the call back and confirmed him that he is promised of partnership in another rival company.. He immediately called his GM and asked him to terminate Venkat’s position along with ten months salary..

“It’s my mistake.. I shouldn’t have trusted someone blindly.. A lesson learnt hard way giving up my dream project..” Dad.

Uncle.. Why are you looking so forlorn.. How can you come to this conclusion without trying till the last minute.. Elder people give up too easily, What say Vishwa..” Sanju winked.

My dad was panicking for his project and I was panicking for my dad.. Her casual tone gave both of us a strange sense of calmness..

But the meeting is in another four hours.. This is a month of work.. I don’t want to go them with job half-done.. I don’t want to see their looks of disdain..” Dad muttered.

Uncle I can prepare the presentation in three hours.. I have done some field work already and it shouldn’t take much time.. If you bag the deal, What will I get out of this??” Sanju.

“This is prestige more than profit to me.. You can take the total profit we get from this assignment.. I swear..” Dad.

A box of Lindt Swiss luxury selection chocolates..” I said grinning.

“I settle for Vishwa’s deal..” Sanju chirped.

My dad looked at us with a mixture of emotions in his eyes.. I know Sanju has totally changed his perspective on few things today.. I wondered for a thousandth time how I got so lucky to get such a girl..

And I’ll not blame you if we don’t get that deal.. And I’m getting you boxes of that chocolates no matter what.. And I want you to make the presentation also..” Dad said with a smile.

Thank you, Uncle.. But I have never presented before big shots except during workshop debates.. I don’t think I can talk with as much confidence as you..” Sanju.

No worries.. I trust you completely.. Anyway it’s proven that you have more idea about this project than me..” Dad.

Dad, you just said you will not trust anyone blindly..”

Sanju glared and poked her tongue out at me.. I shook my head thinking is she affected by multiple personality disorder because of all her dimensions..

Sanju said she would have to pickup her laptop and an outfit and few other stuffs before she come to our home.. So we made a stop at her place and I talked to the Nates and said about the whole incident..

“I’ll drop her off Natey.. It might get little late..”

When she is in your care, we have nothing to worry about..” Mrs. Nate.

Uhmm.. Okay.. Thanks for the trust..” Will they tell the same words if they get to know my intentions on her. I felt little guilty.

“So when are you going to go down on one knee before her??” Nate asked like do I want to drink coffee or tea.

What did you say?? I think I didn’t hear you properly..”

Oh.. You heard me right.. Do you think I don’t know how your eyes follow Sanju like a lost puppy whenever she’s around.. Even now, in this five minutes your eyes have jumped to the stair case fifty times.. I have crossed all of this stage myself you know..” Nate.

Sweats started to appear in my forehead..

What.. How.. No.. Actually..” God.. Why am I stammering like a fool.

Don’t scare him old man.. You relax kiddo.. You have our blessings.. In the short time we get to know about you and your family, Sanju baby is as lucky as you.. And we have a feeling she’s also having stealing glances at you..” Mrs. Nate.

I felt good because if they can find out my love, then what they say about Sanju should also hold some truth to it..

I don’t know.. This is too soon I think.. And I want her to know me well before I tell her.. I can’t handle her rejection so I’m working my best to tie all the loose ends which will lessen the chance of it happening..”

Sanju entered with a back pack and we dashed off immediately as we are already running out of time..

7. Miracle1000

Thank you Rambhu sweetie.. Ha ha.. How I'll manage to write if you guys guess things exactly.. :p

rambhu likes this.
  8. Miracle1000

Thank you sweet sister.. :kissingheart::kissingheart::kissingheart:

9. Miracle1000

Not like that dear.. You just said your opinion.. :) Thank you so much for the trust you have on Sanju character.. :smile:

10. Miracle1000

Thank you pri dear.. She knows about this because I have decided to give Vishwa’s dad some peace by giving him Sanju as his heir to take up his company. . That's why.. :roflmao:

saps105 and sreeram like this.