May 2016 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Deepika89, Sep 11, 2015.

1. labbu

labbu Silver IL'ite

Hi Jaden / Maggilg, Doctor says it is your wish on VBAC.. however in their hospital out of 10 cases of VBAC, only 4 succeeds it seems. Aneways, I am not so much keen on VBAC.. During my first delivery, I started for normal delivery only.. had Epidural.. immediately after Epidural, my BP went too low and started fainting and shivering. That memory is still haunting me to choose VBAC.

W.r.t. buying items.. we do not buy before the birth of the baby. However, we made some cotton nappies ourselves with new cotton dhoties and made some cotton flannels with sarees. I have to buy lot of cotton nappies still.. all other items, i had made a list for my first kid which i had shared with my DH. He has to go and buy the stuff and come!

Holding the kid, yeah.. even i remember how much scared i was when i was supposed to hold my first LO. he was not that big baby also (birth weight was 2.76 kgs only). i always felt he was so fragile to lift.. but got used to it slowly.. this time, may be due to prior experience, i do not have that fear!

I have my 36 weeks checkup next Tuesday. Along with that, doctor had suggested to have a watch on AF level as it was 9 during my 34 weeks visit.

We all are almost there.. hardly few days for some in fact.. All the best!!! Hope we all have a safe delivery and enjoy Motherhood!

2. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi Labbu / Maggilg,
    How are you guys doing??I was supposed to take the BPP scan last week ,however i was able to manage the appointment this week.Hopefully few days delay is ok.We all are almost there!!!My sugar levels are fluctuating badly ,and i am on highest dose of metformin now.Hopefully i wouldnt require insulin.Just praying now that the last leg also goes smoothly.Whats worrying me is the combination of low fluid and GD.The combination seems common for going for Csection.I am hoping that its a normal delivery.I have got my baby bag and labour bag all packed.Though at times i feel i am forgetting stuff which i might require.My hubby consoles me that even if we forget we can always manage it from the hospital and stores nearby the hospitals.
    Are you guys still active and moving around a lot.I can just walk hardly for 10 mins at a stretch.Get tired and start sweating.Even 15 mins of car journey makes me feel so tired.I keep on sleeping at odd hrs nowadays ,like after breakfast i dose off,sometimes at 6 pm in the evening i dose off.Not able to eat much,hence keep on munching on something every 2-3 hrs.
    Whats up with everyone here?

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wishing all May due mommies a less painful and safe birthing exerience.
    May GOD stay with you throughout the last phase!
    Take care ladies.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wishing all May due mommies a less painful and safe birthing exerience.
    May GOD stay with you throughout the last phase!
    Take care ladies.

Maggilg likes this.
  5. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

It's finally MAYYY :banana::cheer: and I'm finally full term :cheer::cheer::banana::banana::thumbup:

Jaden sorry to hear about your GD. Hope it gets under control without causing problems. What is BPP scan .?? Do they change due date after the scan ??

I went to my 37 week scan and was warned by sonographer that since its late in pregnancy we may not get proper view of the baby. So couldn't get a view of little one's face :hmmm: but at least got assurance that fluid level and Babba's growth is good and average weighing around 2.6-3. :relaxed: Have packed my labour bag too was little emotional while doing so as I still can't believe a little one is inside me after all the trouble v went through to get this miracle and I thankgod every min for the blessing showered at us.:worship2:. I can do slow walk without any problem for 15-30 mins but once I sit down 5 min after walk it hurts a lottttttt :grazy: but still I'm trying to do a little walk when ever the weather permits (still waiting for proper summer here) as it good for labour. I'm too sleeping a lot since 30 weeks think it's our body preparing us for sleepless nights that right around the corner :biggrin:. I'm eagerly waiting for those days to come :relieved:.

Good luck to all ladies due in May and wish every one short and sweet labour and quick recovery. :beer-toast1:

Vasumathy likes this.
  6. labbu

labbu Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Had my 36 weeks scan and checkup.. AF level still at 9.. maintaining at same level. Doctor had asked us to come back on 12th for Pre - Anesthetics checkup as we have opted for C Section. Mostly we might have a C section around 22-23rd timeframe (39 weeks). Have to confirm a date..

Baby weight is still at 2.47 for 36 weeks. By the time baby comes out, i think he/she will weigh around 2.8 kgs. Lets see.

But for that, wen it comes to activities, Walking inside the house for sometime to keep myself active. Yes as Maggi told, i feel the tiredness after walking rather than while walking.

Jaden, few more weeks / days to go... just keep up the spirit.. we will all have a healthy baby!!!

Vasumathy likes this.
  7. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hello mommies to be
    So happy to announce the birth of my little doll:cheer:
    Had a planned c section on 30 April. Doctors had told us the success rate for vbac is 20%. Many still end up in case section for regular reasons like position, baby duress mothers fatigue cord around neck baby passing meconium. And rarely there is a chance of previous stitches tearing. I went through a painful 16 hours labour with my son and ended up in case section. So this time decided to go for safer option.
    Got admitted in the morning and my cute pretty daughter was delivered by 12.42. He weight is a little low 2.7kg.
    She has made our family complete.
    Take care all the best

Maggilg, Vasumathy and labbu like this.
  8. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Some tips for first time mommies
    Drink sugar cane juice in last couple of weeks. It prevents baby jaundice
    Keep walking. Helps with normal delivery.
    Coconut water is very good for af levels
    When in labour preserve energy be calm think of anything but the pains. Think about how amazing it'll be that in just few hours your baby will be in your arms.
    Take deep breath by nose and release slowly in steps by mouth like panting. Stand with some support waist bent and Ask someone to rub your lower back inside out from spine during contractions. Keep walking between contractions

Vasumathy and pinkydarling like this.
  9. labbu

labbu Silver IL'ite

Congrats vaidehi! Tks for sharing ur exp.

Just few More questions..how long did the procedure last?

Howz the recovery? was it local anesthesia?

Even I might have a planned c section for delivering my second LO in 2 Weeks. A bit tensed.

10. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Vaidehi,

So happy everything went off well.Baby weight is not bad dear,nothing to worry about.