May 2016 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Deepika89, Sep 11, 2015.

1. labbu

labbu Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Jaden & Maggi, good that you guys have started shopping for the LO.. nice.. we usually buy only after the delivery.. so i dont get a chance to shop much.. ofcourse, thanks to online shopping these days, i can order online some stuff :)

Vaidehi, even my first one was a c-section.. due to my little one's heart rate fluctuation.. during my visit with doctor today, doctor said if we are interested, they are fine to try normal delivery.. however, the call is ours..we are ok for C section too as the recovery was faster for me also.. i prefer C section than a normal now infact.. So, doctor said we can do planned c-section just 1 week ahead of my EDD which is around 39 weeks. 1 full month to go for me!

My amniotic fluid level is 9.1 for 34 weeks.. she said its not that bad.. but still doctor has asked me to have a scan again in 2 weeks to have a watch on the fluid level. hoping everything is good that time. apart from that, i am recovering from dehydration.. drinking loads of water. headache has subsided completely. Hyderabad is just sizzling at 43 degrees... tooooo horrible to bear this summer that too being pregnant..

How are others? When is your EDD... looks like mine will be only after may 20th for sure, provided my AF level is under control in my next visit.

vanpan likes this.
  2. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

hello ladies,

I was originally due May 4 had delivered DD on Feb 12 no known reason. Baby is healthy and home after 50 days in NICU.

labbu and Vasumathy like this.
  3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi labbu,
    If the Dr is ok VBAC is pretty common nowadays ,however only 20 percent are able to do the same.Like you said even a csection is fine and pretty uncomplicated nowadays.I have a follow up again to check my levels of fluid ,hopefully it improves.Are you planning to buy stuff after the baby is born??Then its better you keep everything selected in the cart and after the baby is born just buy everything on the cart :).
    I am trying to find an ayah from my hometown so that till the time i get settled with the newborn i have help at home with the baby.Being a first time mom i am very sceptical about how to hold a newborn even.:coldsweat:With my neice i used to get scared of holding her as an infant as her neck was not fixed.I used to give her back to my sil saying ,give her to me only when her head is fixed,:p.I know i dont have this option with my own baby :tearsofjoy:

4. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Wow,so happy that your LO is healthy and doing well now.Congratulations.

5. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Congratulations @OCdesigirl !! Glad the little one is healthy and mom now. Enjoy Motherhood.

6. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hi @labbu,

If the doctor is Okay with VBAC I personally feel you should try for it. My SIL gave birth recently and as er her exp second time recovery takes little more time esp if you have a toddler who is very attached to you. Now a days Normal delivery can be pain free with help of epidural.
    We normal don't buy baby items until the baby is born but since we live abroad we both live alone we should be prepared incase the little one makes a suprise entry and my DH don't have to run for basic baby items when I'm at hospital :)
    Glad you are recovering from dehydration. Try to increase your fluid levels. I read water intake helps AF.

7. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hello Jaden,
    Hope you find a good carer (ayah) for your baby. I worry how I'm going to hold and bath the new born. Last time I saw a new born was when I was in school :rolleyes: So it will be all new for me and Dh. Are you having delivery at your parents place > in that case atleast your mom andelders can guide you. Have you and doctor decided about birth plan ??

8. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hey Maggilg,
    omg what you said is so funny.I hope you are kidding:blush:.I am at my home with my hubby and mommy dearest.My moms quite old so not sure how much she would be able to help wrt baby.She tries her best.Though at times she gets all anxious when i talk to her about non movements.I need to talk to my gynac regarding the birth plan,not sure with the sugars going high whether it will be a normal delivery.I am mentally prepared for both ,whatever is required for the babys safety.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats. :)
    GOD bless you LO!
    Rest well.
    Take care of yourself & your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood.

10. labbu

labbu Silver IL'ite

Congrats OCdesigirl