1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Portland ladies meet here!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Portland' started by Bethany, Feb 11, 2010.

1. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

You can check apartments like south parc, kings court, hunters run etc for their availability. They are most popular ones and get filled up easily for the fact they r in beaverton and in good school districts.
    You can even consider renting a house for the same price of an apartment.

2. mrudula

mrudula Senior IL'ite

Thank you Saratha for your quick reply. south parc is too expensive. kings court too old and not that good and also school rating is not good for kings court. do I need to check Zillow for houses/townhomes?

Thanks
    Mrudula

3. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

Yes basically bethany area is expensive for the only reason it has good school district.
    If this helps you, I stay in hillsboro and there are many new apartments around my community. My son goes to his assigned elementary school and though it's not highest rated (coz it opened only in 2008) is doing well in it.
    I can say some apartments in and around my area if u r interested abut hillsboro.

4. mrudula

mrudula Senior IL'ite

thank you again Saratha. yes, I am interested in Hillsboro. is there good Indian community there? what is the school rating? my daughter needs to make some friends. I see so many apartments in Hillsboro, but have no idea which one is better ref schools and Indian community.

5. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

Nice to hear you have thoughts about Hillsboro too... well there are Indians in hillsboro but widely scattered n not accumulated as in bethany.
    One famous apartment similar to South parc is hamsphire downs in hillsboro which is always in demand.
    One of my friend moved to another apartment called common Creek which is about less than 5 miles from my home.
    There are new expensive ones too...like tessera,platform district,206... u just need to decide on your priorities and choose.
    How old is your daughter? My son's r 7 n 3 1/2 old.
    Like said my 7 yr old goes to quatama elementary. Younger one goes half a day at Goddard school.
    Hope this info helps. Let me know if u need any more info or help.

6. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

Nice to hear you have thoughts about Hillsboro too... well there are Indians in hillsboro but widely scattered n not accumulated as in bethany.
    One famous apartment similar to South parc is hamsphire downs in hillsboro which is always in demand.
    One of my friend moved to another apartment called common Creek which is about less than 5 miles from my home.
    There are new expensive ones too...like tessera,platform district,206... u just need to decide on your priorities and choose.
    How old is your daughter? My son's r 7 n 3 1/2 old.
    Like said my 7 yr old goes to quatama elementary. Younger one goes half a day at Goddard school.
    Hope this info helps. Let me know if u need any more info or help.

7. mrudula

mrudula Senior IL'ite

thank you so much Saratha. my husband's office is actually in Hillsboro. is there good Indian community in Hampshire downs? my daughter is also 7. is there kumon nearby? I called them and gave my number to let me know if anything comes up. please suggest some other apartments also in the area. how about murrahill apartments? I see they have good schools and price also reasonable. sorry to bother you.

8. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

I don't have idea of Murray Hill apartment I'm sorry. I don't have anyone there. There is a kumon center in hillsboro and it's just mins away from my home!

9. mrudula

mrudula Senior IL'ite

Thank you so much Saratha. Hampshire downs has good Indian community? the one that you mentioned is commons at creek side?

10. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

Yes for both your questions. .. :)