Indian Schools In Qatar

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by soann, Nov 18, 2013.

1. shweta2901

shweta2901 New IL'ite

hello,
    @sameenah, rajagiri doha has openend up admissions up to grade 5, so have a few chances. Even i would suggest you to let ur son complete his current academic year in India.

Meanwhile if ur husband is here can take admission for ur son. now heres a prob, for grades above 3, students have to take a test and so if u r planning to come, let him take the test get admission and send him back for grade 4 in india.

all the best

2. laksvishnu

laksvishnu Bronze IL'ite

Sameenah,

Admission process for all grades in almost all the schools are over.Yet I would suggest you to check with Noble International School in Abu Hamour for grade 4 and NObleIndian Kindergarten in Al Hilal. Hopefully they should help u out.

Loyola International school is another school which may admit your kids.Ask your Husband to check them out.

3. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

hi laksvishnu,

i would like to know abt the noble international school Abu hamour. Currently my child is studying in bhavans. Iam planning to change his school. If u hav any personal exp or u knew hw the school is it will be of great help for me. I had asked many people and I hadn't got any review abt noble international school whether positive or negative.

hi nivi0411,

thanks for ur suggestion. But I have heard that the fee structure in DMIS is very high that's y am not considering it. We are looking for a school with average fees like birla, noble etc. I have heard pearl and raja giri are also having very high fees. Iam frm thrissur and may I know ur native place too

4. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

5. Rekha510

Rekha510 New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I have been a silent reader of this form for so long. I had an urge to comment on this topic as it can help some one like me. "All that glitters are not Gold".The same applies here too. I had a very bad experience with my KG1 kid in BPS. Had a real tough time. In-spite of all negative reviews, I followed my instincts and went ahead with Bhavans this September. Thankfully I took timely action & enrolled in Bhavans- matar qadeem campus. Now I'm fully happy & satisfied with the school. My kid is extremely happy with the teachers. (Constant complaining & nagging will affect their self-esteem, I realized the same with BPS Teachers in-spite of changing 2 sections & punishments at home after every complaint) . They are merely 3.5+year olds, its teachers responsibility to make the kids comfortable & perform.
    When I shared my concern with the new teacher, she said not to worry and she will take care of...With in few weeks, I found a sudden change in my kid, now writes by own, finishes off HW with so ease. The teachers Midas touch i would say.... neat handwriting, started cursive ahead of class mates.
    See basically all schools are same the teachers are the prime & only factor which makes a real difference. my kid has topped the class & actively participating in all events eagerly. This is what I want. I want my kid to be happy not compelled.More over its near my place, I drop & pick up. Has privilege of waking up at 6.45. So parents rather than concentrating on school Glittering name board, give importance to the following factors:
    1. Distance from your place ( don't exhaust ur tiny kid, as i did, for gods sake)
    2. Compare the curriculum & teaching methodology ( it should be kid friendly), I found Bhavans starting cursive in Kg1, which would be more helpful in case of transfer to India. ( no one can be permanent h​ere :))
    3. Cost factor & affordability
    Lastly follow your gut instinct,as good for one is not necessarily good for others. (Getting schools itself has become difficult these days). Don't blindly follow what others review about the schools. Investigate your self.

P.S I'm No teacher & No Relative of So & So of Bhavans. Just a Parent who wants to give every sweet memories of childhood to my kid to cherish. I learnt a big lesson..I always wanted my kid to study in Bombay Scottish ( my dream school) after moving back to India, now my view has completely changed. Small or big.. no matter my kids comfort is prime importance to me.

basreena, sumzaya and charvihema like this.
  6. netfragerin

netfragerin New IL'ite

How does the admission test to KG-II looks like in induan schools in Qatar?

7. basreena

basreena New IL'ite

Dear All,

I have been following this group but never got to post anything until now.. and I have been wanting to ask this question since a while.. Can anyone give their feedback on the Indian schools that they looked into within the past 1-2 years for KG-1 admissions..

Interested in knowing about Rajagiri, DPS-MIS, DMIS, Birla and Olive International, among other indian schools in Doha.. My daughter will be starting her education journey from the next academic year and after seeing the KG-1 admissions scene in doha since past 2-3 years, its going to be a tough scene..

Thanks for your feedback and comments.