1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative for shampoo and shikkakai

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Sijo157, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Sijo157

Sijo157 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

After my long run in hair care, I was tired using shampoo as it damaged my hair totally.

I used home made shikkakai also but dries out my hair and makes it rough and unmanageable.

So, I decided not to use shikkakai or shampoo. Started using soaked and finely pasted fenugreek seeds and green gram powder. It cleanses my hair well but it fails to remove oil (remember I oil my hair everyday). Because of the oil I feel greasy and my hair looks dull.

so please suggest me some herbal remedy .

Also, I wish to apply castor oil and leave it for 30 mins. so please suggest me some mild shampoo or home made after applying castor oil.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Add a little besan to the fenugreek and green gram powder. Besan will soak up the oil. :)

Sijo157 likes this.
  3. Sijo157

Sijo157 Gold IL'ite

will try adding it. Thank you Amica

Amica likes this.
  4. Mery

Mery Silver IL'ite

Try adding one egg white with the other ingredients ... Or use kids shampoo esp himalaya... I use that free of paraben and sles...

Sijo157 likes this.
  5. Sijo157

Sijo157 Gold IL'ite

thank you mery for your valuable suggestion. Will try adding egg white.

6. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

banana over ripe ... skin to darken a bit ... mash n make fine paste ... apply to hair leave for an hour and wash for soft and smooth hair ... in fact removes all the excess oil ... so those who are not excessively oily add some coconut oil and castor oil too ...

Sijo157 likes this.
  7. Sijo157

Sijo157 Gold IL'ite

Hi Jingi92,

Thanks for the beautiful tip will try it and post the result here.

8. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

plz do ... I have been using it once a week ...

Sijo157 likes this.
  9. FemaleAdda

FemaleAdda Junior IL'ite

you can try baby shampoos.. if you are looking for a mild shampoo.. it will give foam and all and WILL serve your basic cleansing purpose

Sijo157 likes this.
  10. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Sijo thank you for teaching me about Shikakai and I hope you don't mind if I add this link What is Shikakai? (with pictures) for other non-Indian ladies/men who may be wondering what Shikakai is. Fascinating.

I use Pro-Naturals hair repair system. I use it 1 week in every 6 weeks and for the other 5 weeks I use Optima Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner. The Pro-Naturals shampoo is sulphate free so there is very little lather and the conditioner I apply mainly to the hair shaft and ends I am careful not to scrub my scalp with my nails because I found that this tends to make my hair oily faster. I use the hair mask once a week but I use the argan oil leave in treatment after each shampoo as it acts as an excellent heat protectant because I use a hair dryer and a heat styling iron to curl my hair because it is dead straight! I always apply the argan oil to damp hair mainly to the ends and up the hair length. Keeps my hair super shiny, no split ends and no heat damage and on average I wash my hair every 3 days.

Sijo157 likes this.