Pls advise on a sin committed - shooed a baby bird

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by tuffyshri, Apr 4, 2016.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

There was a small nest on our water tank next to kitchen. This was pigeons' and I as usual had soft corner towards it. This is the first time I ever get some bird to build a nest in our home.
    There were initially 3 eggs which came down to 2 and eventually only one hatched out. The pigeons were busy sitting on egg, feeding the baby, everything. But my maid kept warning me that pigeons are very dirty and dangerous, shoo them away while they build the nest itself. I ignored her and was happy to share them a home.
    But now after a week or two, the smell is too intolerable to stay inside and cook any food. I peeped up the tank to see sooooooooo many droppings on the tank, around the baby bird, everywhere. The smell was too tolerable to clean them. I have two young kids at home and also it is on drinking water tank. I got so scared.
    When I searched internet, there were several warnings like pigeons being compared as flying rats. It really brought my s** out of me as I am dealing with my kids health vs a poor baby pigeon and its parents. So with brave heart I called up my cleaner to clear it off. He took off the entire poops and the baby also and promised me that he will place it somewhere safe near by. God knows what he did to it.

I thought the birds are smart enough to trace their baby but no. They couldnt and didnt. Now I feel so sorry for them as they keep coming and searching for their baby. I feel so guilty and like have committed a great sin. I cant bear the "puthra sogam" of theirs. It has been 3 days and still on grief and keeps coming and sitting on the tank again and again and again.

I am also scared that it may affect me and my kids too... already have nightmares of losing my younger DD and now this has added fuel to the fire that I spend sleepless nights. I feel so pity on looking at the pigeons. Cant bear the piercing eye contact of them. Any thoughts anybody??

2. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

Did u ask the fellow where he took the baby? It's sad what happened. But now it's late. Don't start painting sad stuff around this event and get depressed. You already are repenting. Best thing to do is to accept that you have made a mistake. Learn from this and move on.

In my case, may be it will make u feel better, allowed birds to put a nest. First time, baby was born but got trapped and died. When we knew birds left, removed the nest, then realized what happened.

Another time, 3 babies were born, new set of birds, another location in my house. Some animal came and ate one bird a day. One morning, I saw one lying on the floor. Kept it back in the nest only to find out that it was also killed the following day.

Another time, birds left the nest. We didn't know and saw a rat going there. So immediately tried to shoo it away. Then started cleaning up. You know what happened? Over 10 little mice fell down. Apparently the mother mouse took the bird nest for itself. I was heart broken to clean up the mice and throw them away. But that's life. Can't let mouse to continue. Had no idea to begin with. I was sad but moved on.

Take it easy. Distract yourself. You tried to protect your family. Nothing wrong in that. Yes poor bird can't do it like we do, do something nice if you can. Set up a nest for them in a better location if you want to. Else move on.

tuffyshri likes this.
  3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Thank you hope2b. awww... the incidents are too sad to know. Yes the mice part was something we will never tolerate. In fact I compared my case also that had it been mice, I would have done the same. My DH also consoled the same - it is all very common in nature. Assuming some cat eating kind of...

Yes your post makes me feel better, thank you.

hope2b likes this.
  4. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

No I didnt ask that fellow. No courage to learn if he had eaten it himself! :(

hope2b likes this.
  5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Just goto temple..Offer your prayers...Pray for the little bird so that it is safe...

tuffyshri likes this.
  6. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Thank you brahan. I already did it yesterday, with hopes