CBSE or CBSE-i : Which curriculam seems to be better(Specific to Doha schools)

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by bhuvnidhi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. CS1982

CS1982 Senior IL'ite

2. Shylajasanthosh

Shylajasanthosh Silver IL'ite

HI everyone,

From my understanding of cbse_i, its just international curriculum. The methodology is like in the rest of the world. Only in India, we have comprehensive studies from the age of 3. Whereas, everywhere else they give kids projects and live experiences. they do not learn to write until the age of 5 or 7, whereas in normal curriculum, kids start writing in the age of 3. Also they do not face exams.

So when it comes to moving from CBSE-I to CBSE. The kids might find it difficult to adapt. the whole environment is different. they might feel the sudden pressure.
    Nevertheless, "I" Curriculum is a fantastic effort to match with the rest of the world. The kids have better practical knowledge.

If they need to move back to India, that should not be a problem, because there are a lot of international schools in India. These schools follow a similar type of curriculum. But again, the kids might demand a different lifestyle based on their classmates, which might be challenging for us.

I guess we cannot compare the two curriculums. They have pros and cons of their own.What curriculum we choose might not even decide their future. We all did the normal curriculum. We did not turn out bad :)

The focus becomes important when they grow up and develop interests :) and how these interests are strived for.

Just shared info on the little knowledge i had .. Hope it was helpful

5 people like this.
  3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Excellent details,Shylaja!

I have an update for the below one of yours.CBSE has introduced CBSE-I curriculum in India too from last year.

4. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Crystal clear explanation about the curriculums, Shylaja :thumbsup It would help many of us to decide between CBSE or CBSE-i.

5. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Would like to bring this thread back to life...

Have your kids migrated too CBSEi ? If yes, what is your feedback?