Indian Ladies in Bur Dubai - Meet here

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by Sylviaram, Apr 9, 2008.

1. konkana

konkana New IL'ite

Re: Indians in Bur Dubai!! - what can we do to make better use of our time?

Hi Sylvia and Sujata,

Nice to hear about u ladies, abt myself, i am newly married.Mine is a love cum arranged marraige, iam trying to get used to the changes that a girl has to get adapted to after marraige, which i feel is little difficult, but still enjoying the good aspects of married life.

I read about your family meets on this thread, it would have been lot of funDrowning

Is it possible for me to see more of the pictures if u have????

I would love to see all the beautiful ladies on this thread, u all r rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv,

konkana

2. Sujata03

Sujata03 New IL'ite

Helllllllllllo konkana :hiya

Lovely naaaaaa to get married to the man you loved

Good enjoy ur married life ...
    Oh ofcouse you can view more pics of ur meet and :yes:we have loads of fun

Hey flying up hearig ur comments on us........:banana

Take care byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:wave

3. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi Konkana,
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Please find below a list of must-sees in Dubai:</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">I think you will need about 2-3 days only in Dubai, to see a good lot of the tourist places:</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on"></st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Dubai</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType ozj4U="0" qARwe="0" w:st="on">Museum</st1:placeType></st1:place> - This will take only one hour

[COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]Gold Souq (My suggestion, Not to miss this at all)[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Desert Safari (You will be picked up at 14:30 and dropped back around 22:00. Dinner included. This is the best time of the year to do a desert drive)
    Heritage Village
    Wild Wadi (Water park)

Abra (This is a boat ride on the Dubai Creek, with camera perfect views Best time: Sunset)
    Burj Al Arab (You can even go inside for a fees, which can be rdeemed inside)

Shopping Malls in Dubai:
    Wafi Mall
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Deira</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType ozj4U="0" qARwe="0" w:st="on">City</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType ozj4U="0" qARwe="0" w:st="on">Center</st1:placeType></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Ibn Battuta MAll</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Mall of the Emirates</st1:placeName></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on"></st1:placeName></st1:place>Bur Juman
    Madinat Jumeirah

Other Emirates:
    Sharjah Souq (Good for a small drive and a one hour peek into the souq. You might get caught in the traffic)
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:City>
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Abu Dhabi</st1:place></st1:City>
    Al Ain - A drive to Jebel Hafeet will be memorable (Aerial view of UAE-Muscat border)
    <st1:place w:st="on">Fujairah</st1:place> - (Only for beach)
    Khorfakkan - (Drive and beach)

For Dubai sight seeing, you can opt to take the Big Bus, which will cover most of these places in just one day.

Hope this info helps you. Please let us know if you need any help.

Regards
    USHA

4. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    wow u all have been busy on IL all summer and i really missed out all the fun :). I think all of next week will be spent reading thru. Can't complain though as i have been enjoying summer in dubai too. Hope you all are well and back from your holidays. Hey Usha what have u been upto.
    Just stopped by to say hi and see you all more often in sept.
    will go check out my threads and see if they are still alive -hee hee....
    have a lovely day
    preethi

5. leenasher

leenasher New IL'ite

Heyyyy girls!!!
    Whats up?? Hows life:cheers...rocking as usual?

Summer heat is horrrrrrible...thank god we got A/cs at home or I wud be only be fanning and doing nothing else Big Laugh

Listen...when are we meeting next? Are we waiting till Sujatha is back? Who ever's place it is, I will volunteer to make aloo bondas (atleast I can establish that I know to cook something):clap

Now, I want to know what do u guys make for breakfast...am bored of having the same old breakfast everyday...bread/peanut butter/omlette/upma/idli sambar/...what else can i make? any ideas?shakehead

Have fun ...keep rocking!:banana

6. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Preethi,

Very nice to see your post after this loooong silence..

Its time to get back to pace with IL... Looking forward to more posts from you!!

Cheers!
    Sylvia

7. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Leena,

What a refreshing post!! Glad to see that you have finally crossed 10 posts and in your 12th one.. Big Laugh

Well, Sujatha is back on the 2nd but unfortunately Babita is travelling on the 1st.. we will miss her in our parties for about 45days..

Shall we plan something next weekend??? think about it and let me know!

Regarding breakfast.. you can try cut fruits and juice or milkshake, Oats podrigge with nuts and fruits, try sandwiches with different stuffings like spicy aloo or coriander chutney and hung curd etc etc., Poori,.. hmm.. lemme think of more and call you.

Take care
    Cheers!
    Sylvia

8. leenasher

leenasher New IL'ite

Heyya Sylvia,

I should tell you about the breakfast ideas that Preethi gave me..I think she is a really good cook :thumbsup.. Viraj confirmed it too!

I tried her idea of french toast, was yummmmmy! This was the one with salt, onion, coriander. Tomorrow I will try the one with sugar and cinnamon:wow

On girls, Sujatha, Sylvia, Preethi, Babita (not around but still invited), Neha and Momita (our invisble IL potential member :tongue)..all at my place on Thursday 18 Sep to celebrate for Viraj. What it is..

Viraj went for this Superbteens/Superbkids workshop. And it did wonders for him. They teach them studying techniques, hike their confidence, train them for taking up the stage..lots more. Parents have been told to monitor the changes and the positive developments of the child and reward him after a 16days observation period...because like they say it takes 21days to form a habit. So, pls keep your diaries free.

As u all know, am a borderline cook, just manage the kitchen on the edgeshakehead so we will decide later who brings what. Or else u guys will have to eat my cooked stuff 'at your own risk' :mrgreen:

Take care and keep rocking!

9. Sylviaram

Sylviaram Bronze IL'ite

Hey Leena,

Glad to know that you are enjoying your new breakfast recipes..

Thanks for the invite and I hereby confirm my participation for the 18th party (myself, Ram and Anish).. We will discuss the stats closer to the date and make Viraj feel special.. It will be our pleasure!!

Take good care
    Cheers! :cheers
    Sylvia

10. reenur

reenur Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Iam back after my long vacation.I was very busy with my house hold work after coming back.So how was the past 2 months,did any get together take place.I really missed u all but also enjoyed my vacation.

So when is the next meet.Hope i'll be informed.

Bye,

Reenu.