1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Strange behaviour of cousin..reccently married

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by nolife, Feb 28, 2016.

1. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

I feel he is also not interested in continuing friendship else he would not have done this to me.. I have thought a lot about and I removed my cousin from my contact list.

2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Good thing you did dear, don't think about them. It's not worth.....

sindmani, shreyashreya and nolife like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

You did the right thing dear.

Let me put this in a more honest way:-

It is sad, weird and very bad that our community looks down about divorcees, as if they are desperate for a relationship. This is even worse if the divorcee is young, and looking for a partner.
    Now, your cousin's friendship and extra affection for you (than the other cousins) obviously threatened his new wife. It clearly shows how greedy mind she has, and how insecure she is about her own marriage life. Poor lady.
    Not sure how your cousin has introduced your friendship to her.
    But it is clear he too doesn't want any tension in his own life because of your friendship.
    But you don't worry. Because you don't need a friend/cousin with this baggage. It is unnecessary tension.

4. maya9876

maya9876 Silver IL'ite

Hi OP,

If its a cousin who you just say hi, hello to once in a month, nothing more than that as you explained then it should not matter so much. I understand when people suddenly cut us out of their lives easily it hurts. But from his point of view, he is newly married, needs to make wife happy and for whatever reason he decided to take you out of his whatsapp... let it be.
    Him having you on his whatapp or no doesnt show his concern or affection for you. Him asking about your well being etc show his real concern and that will always be there. Also how do you know for sure he deleted you? Is it possible he deleted whatsapp? Deactivated whatapp perhaps? Either ways the bottom line is dont read into it so much. Just let it be.. focus on your life, do things that make you happy instead of focusing on the negatives.

1 person likes this.
  5. tomharry

tomharry New IL'ite

I would suggest not think much... Bcoz u dont know their side of conversation... so cant judge... and its none of ur fault whatever discussion they may have had... after all u had all the things clear... so just chill... and dont bother... obviously it hurts... but u need not deduct any other allegations of it... just live normally...

sindmani and nolife like this.
  6. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

thank u guys sorry for the late reply

7. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Hi OP,
    I feel that your cousin's not speaking to you/ stopping to message even that hi/hello that happens once in a while would not have hurt you as much as his act of removing you from contacts list. It is very cheap/ childish for him or his spouse to have done that.
    But, let that go.. let him/ his spouse initiate contacts with you if they want to..
    But focus on life, real friends more and you should soon feel better...

nolife likes this.
  8. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP, Please keep a very safe distance from such people. Don't even bother about them. Even if this guy try to contact you, don't show any emotions or don't ask on why he blocked u. If he try to justify, you just say I just got to know that I was blocked and move on.

I faced the similar situation. Cousin's wife has mocked about my marital status while in a fight with my cousin thinking I m dependent on my parents with very less salary. Well, I gave back with my cousin on Whatsapp to mind her business. Nothing one to one between us.

And when she got to know my financial status, she started jumping to come to my house. I never entertained her and neither passed a smile to her.

Stay away from all your cousins, relatives and all negative people. Be with positive people who can support you and understand your situation. We don't need sympathy but neither take misbehavior.

sindmani, shreyashreya and nolife like this.
  9. sadhuvi

sadhuvi Senior IL'ite

Hi

This incident shows your cousin's wife's insecurity and might be jealousy...It is good to stay away from them and enjoy your Life to fullest..

nolife likes this.
  10. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

My entire family is in Whatsapp group created by another cousin's wife. My this cousin was very close to me...all his friends knew me...like Jai-veeru friendship types. She didn't even bother to add me atleast thinking I might be feeling lonely or anything. In fact both this guy and his wife are my first cousin. Do we really need such people in our life? Chuck them off!

I call her my cousin's wife, coz she never had any compassion for me as sister but always saw me as jealous SIL. This guy at least enquire about me to my parents and siblings. In fact these people lived in southern India and I was northern India, no frequent use of mobile that time, my new job, met them for 2 days in 4 years. I m still wondering what wrong I did to her. But she has connect with my cousins since they lived in same city and all get along well and I have been cornered. Initially I felt bad but not now. Relationships built with such base can never be peaceful. Earlier it was me, next time they will find some other person to take out their frustration.

I am least bothered about them. Busy with my daughter, travelling every now and then, few good friends are enough for life.

shreyashreya and nolife like this.