1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Complete!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Mar 6, 2013.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Ranjith beamed with pride after seeing his new flat. Of a 1400 square feet carpet area and everything looking sparkling ivory right from the tiles to the walls, it looked magnificent. And the furnitures had all been made of teak wood a reddish brown rosewood finish.

And the fridge, the sofa, the chairs and teapot all were of the same colour and the cushion had a matching orange cloth with gold dots. He and his wife Sunitha had taken a lot of time to decide the interiors and they were particularly glad. Their son Vinu was clapping his hands in joy and ran all over the place, happily. At 2, he was a darling to any who saw him and he was always happy.

They had just entered the flat a week back and after finishing the pooja and all, were settling down nicely then. It was then that Ranjith's uncle Pradeep came. He was abroad during the house warming ceremony and hence came to pay a visit as soon as he could. A rich man, of 60 years of age, he looked so simple. "You wouldn't believe that he is rich unless someone told you about his wealth!", Ranjit said to Sunitha once. Pradeep applauded Ranjith and Sunitha for their taste and praised everything. He was overjoyed to play with Vinu for a while. When it was time, he said, "Sorry, I still feel that there is something thats missing here! I will be back here next week, before I leave!". Ranjith was confused.

Later, they opened Pradeep's gift parcel. It had an expensive pack of watches and a big bag of crayons. Vinu took the crayon bag and immediately started scribbling in the books nearby. Just a day before Pradeep came, Vinu had scribbled all along the walls of the living room. Since Ranjith was out then and Sunitha was busy elsewhere, they didn't notice this. By the time they did, it was too late and they couldn't just wipe the scribbling off, however hard they tried.

Pradeep came the next day, saw the wall and said, "Now this house is complete!".

2. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

I could somehow predict. Must say that was a great one, RGS.

When my sister was building their house, i suggest them to paint the walls upto 3.5 feet with black board paint (then to repaint properly once my Nephs grow up). But the boys loved to stand on a chair n write above 3.5 ft :(

3. rgsrinivasan

In fact, I did not hope that the last line could not be guessed Strangerrr. But am glad that you did before reaching there. And it was so nice of you to suggest your sister that way. I had to rub all those crayon marks my son scribbled all along and it took me quite sometime. The other day, he had that mischievous smile and darted to the other room. The unsuspecting me did not figure out the reason until I went there to see the wall 'adorned' with zigzag patterns of bright blue lines. :) Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

4. charmbabez

charmbabez Gold IL'ite

I simply LOVE this and feel proud I was one among as my dad allowed me to scribble all over the wall.
    (Might be he didnt care about it as we were staying in rented house)

Always its lovely to see the little one scribbling with tiny hand :)

5. rgsrinivasan

I feel that he should have been all the more worried, because it was a rented one. Very happy to know that he allowed you to scribble as you liked. And happy for your feedback too. Thanks. -rgs

6. sanrags

sanrags Bronze IL'ite

Super, Me and my bro were writing champions on the wall, most affected is my Amma :)

7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

A good one. Yes, the home should not look like a sterilised and picture post card like. It need not be everything in the place...a little imperfection is o.k. If one wants a very organised house...children would always be tensed up.

8. rgsrinivasan

She must have also been happy then, to see those scribbles, Sanrags. And I hope you would be happy too, when your young ones do so. Thanks for the feedback. -rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

You are right Syamala. Children always like to rebel in their own way and mimic us while ordering too. Thanks for your feedback. -rgs