1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wisdom Affair!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PreethiArun66, Nov 11, 2012.

1. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

" Your surgery is fixed on friday".. .... Surgery ! Surgery ? ! SURGERY !!!! The word created the fearsome maze in her mind. " hmm Okay Doctor" hopelessly attempting to hide the fear in her face.

She came home and kept staring at the mirror for a long time. Would the "Surgery" be evident on her face... was she going to look different? ... She imagined herself to look different ... how different.. How different is she going to be different after friday. There was an unfamiliar , concerned worry popping out of her eyes. His usual 'what the big deal - take it easy....' look tried to convince her. But it was hard to digest; having been with them all these years. Why me? She asked herself. Or was she making too much hype out of it. Sleeping that night was difficult.

D-day

Rava Upma that day was generously rich in vegetables. It was a colorful visual treat garnished with cashew and pure desi ghee and finally with rich green corianders leaves ...after all the doctor had warned her to have a heavy breakfast. Finally at 9AM her mouth was all wide open to let the doctor remove her wisdom teeth.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Hi PreethiArun,

That was a nice, crisp short story with a telling twist. So happy to read. Thanks for sharing.

3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Ha... ha... For Wisdom teeth. simple story and good narration.

4. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Lol... I thought it would be a Lasik, dint come to the level of Teeth.. ;)

5. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Thanks to all for your comments