1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Way!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jul 7, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Actor Baburam waved his hands to a thousand people and donated ten lakhs to the Chief Minister Relief fund. The applause was deafening. "Ah! All for mere publicity! And whose money is it anyway? He is getting in crores for each film he signs and occasionally throwing away peanuts! Good business tactics!", thought Ranjan, the new reporter of a daily magazine.

He loathed all actors for their hypocrisy, tax evasion and their 'image boosting' acts. "10 years back, this Baburam was just a school drop-out and nobody in the cine industry. Now?", he even hated the public. And could not refuse his boss's order to interview Baburam himself the next day. And that interview itself was to be published in a different fashion.

It would be one of those where they decided not to reveal who the person interviewed was and leave the readers guessing. Ranjan was there on time. "Very glad to see you on time, young man! Now shoot your questions!", Baburam said. Ranjan asked him all sort of questions, which covered his initial life to stardom and then some embarrassing ones as well. "Do you think that people won't realize that you donated that ten lakhs for a mere publicity?", he asked.

Baburam smiled and then said, "Yes. But I am expected to do something as a star. Am I not? Besides, I donated ten times that in an anonymous fashion to the same fund. When I came here and struggled for survival, people mocked and ridiculed me. I have done all sorts of menial jobs just to get a break. And was betrayed many times. Now, this is my way of paying them back!"

Ranjan was moved and decided to write that piece. As it ended, Baburam said, "Request you not to publish that anonymous donation part Ranjan!"

2. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Before i scroll up and read the story "CONGRATZ FOR YOUR LARA MOMENT SIRR" :)

3. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

nice story rgs; though its a commonly spelled message in stories.. you have taken unusual characters to tell that :)

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

Congratulations for achieving a feet of writing 400 blogs and I believe you are the first one to accomplish. Achieving that number of blogs might be easy but to write everyone of them with messages and quality that would be cherished by the readers is definitely a big accomplishment. Having achieved Lara's target as indicated by Strangerrr, you should target to achieve Murali's target.

I enjoyed reading this blog as well. There are many who do such silent contributions without any fanfare and hats off to those kind hearts. Judging people without knowing them is always a problem and you have nicely brought that out in subtle fashion.

Viswa

5. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Congrats Rgs on achieving the milestone of 400 posts! A great feat indeed considering the quality of your blog posts..
    As ever, great story, depicting the attitude of the interviewer as well as that of the actor. Yes there are good people in every industry so it is better not to assume anyone bad unless proved so.
    P.S Tied up with too much work at office and hence not able to reply to your posts. Nevertheless I read every one of them.

6. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot Strangerrr, for your appreciation. And thats a unique way of saying it. :) -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Its always interesting to think about what would happen if two people of different views meet. We can go about explaining each of their views and have a choice on the end as well. Thanks for your appreciation Strangerrr. -rgs

8. rgsrinivasan

I am genuinely overwhelmed by your appreciation Viswa. Thanks a lot. Murali is a legend and to reach his number of wickets in blogs - Well! Its a long way to go. And thanks for a nice feedback to the story too. -rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for reading all my posts Mathangi. Thats a great honour. And thanks very much for your appreciation and a crisp feedback as well. -rgs

10. vanga

vanga New IL'ite

This is wonderful, the intention of viewing things in different way!!