1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweeter!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Feb 27, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

"But mom! This tablet is so bitter! I can't!", resisted 5 year old Sridhar. His hands trembled and were so hot. Sunitha told him patiently - "Take this dear! I will give you some honey after this. When you wake up tomorrow, you will be alright!". Sridhar swallowed it fast and said, "Will I be alright tomorrow, mom? Promise?", he stretched his weak hands. She assured him. He slept while she checked on him every now and then.

Sridhar's father had been away, on an official purpose to a far away place and was expected to return two weeks later. Sunitha found it too difficult when Sridhar felt sick, but only hoped that he would get better soon. He did, but after a few tiring days. Years rolled and Sridhar lost his father while he was in teens. But he studied well and got a good placement. Only that the placement was in a place far off from home. He insisted that Sunitha should go with him and succeeded in taking her along.

But her age and health problems had weakened her a lot and she could not quite manage with the climatic extremes the new place offered. She went back, promising Sridhar that she would take care of herself and he should continue in that job. Soon, he got married and had a daughter, Meena. Sunitha's health progressively declined and was very soon hospitalized.

Sridhar flew down with his wife and Meena. As they were all in the room, an attendant came and told Sridhar that the dean wanted to meet him. His wife too, went with him. Just then, a nurse entered with some tablets. Sunitha had been through all and was just fed up with all medicines and even her son's going out. So, she refused the nurse's attempts to feed her.
    "Don't worry grandma! I will give you a toffee, if you take this! You will be well soon!", Meena said.

2. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Good one Rgs!! Thats y kids are always closer to their grandparents.. You can see how different their(gp) treatment towards their grand children (soft/kind) and their children (strict)when they were young. Guess i can understand the feeling only when i become a granny :)

3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

such a cute story RGS.. Liked it asusuall..

And this shows that Life revolves 360 degree turn... :)

4. rgsrinivasan

Didn't you experience it when you were a grandchild Nihasvin? :)
    And thanks. What you said is quite correct. Happy to receive a nice feedback from you. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for the nice feedback Pallavi4Me. And yes, we can consider ourselves lucky as a parent when it is 180 degrees. Nevertheless, the love will always be there. -rgs

6. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Unfortunately not much!! so its nice to see my kid getting from her grandparents..lucky to get such both sets of grandparents!!

7. senzzation

senzzation New IL'ite

Life does come a full circle ... doesn't it ? Really loved ur short & sweet story.

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

It is a confirmation to the grandmother that son had passed on the techniques to his daughter. Excellent story.

Viswa

9. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

sweeter
    It's really a touching story.very nicely presented.I like these lines-Don't worry grandma! I will give you a toffee, if you take this! You will be well soon!", - See how these grand children, follow their grand parents advices and their bed time stories. Thanks ,I like this good and short story !!

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rgs,

The first blog I read in the morning....

So simple but brings a gamut of emotions, the relationship shared between GP and Grand children is always very sweet....

Gud one Rgs.... loved it.