1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Don't!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Feb 27, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Suhas is soon going to turn five and is the most cherished one to his parents, Roopa and Ajay. He already started asking a lot of questions to them, which include - "What is sky?", "Why is it blue?" and many more. Ajay tried to answer a few, but would quickly lose patience and direct him to Roopa. Being a busy civil engineer, he was often away from home.

One day, he came back, all the more happy and hugged Roopa and Suhas. "Come on! Lets go for a party!", he said and took them to a five star hotel for a nice dinner. After that, Roopa asked him what the occasion was. He told her that their company got the most prestigious contract of building a new skyscraper in the centre of the city. "New building means more visibility and focus and hence more contracts too!", he said in an excited fashion. Suhas was happy too, to see his parents happy, but could not get the term, "Skyscraper". "What is that daddy?", he asked. "Its a tall building, so tall that it may almost reach the moon, dear!", he said.

Suhas was excited. One of his dreams was to walk in the moon, particularly when it was so full. That night, after they returned home, he expressed his wish to his dad. Roopa was busy elsewhere. Ajay told him that, though the moon was yellow and big, it actually contained a lot of potholes and would look ugly when he got closer. Suhas was disappointed. That night, Ajay's phone rang at wee hours. It was his boss Rekha.

Actually, he felt that there was a lot in common between them and was in a dilemma about how far the relationship would go. As he searched for his mobile, he heard Suhas mumbling something. Ajay leaned closer. Suhas was saying, "Don't'! Please don't go daddy! It looks good, only from afar!".

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Areh wah!!! RGS............

What a point you made in this simple story.... Wonderful one really....

You are the best in writing such stories....:bowdown

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Pallavi4Me, for your fast feedback. Happy to receive it. -rgs

4. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

but i wonder why would he take his family for a party if he was in dilemma abt the relationship?:bonk :hide:

5. rgsrinivasan

He loved his family, yes, Nihasvin. But he also was tempted to try out. Most often, people cross the line, though their mind would have told them about how wrong it would be. Eventually, guilt comes and they end up losing all, including their own self esteem. The kid's blabbering accidentally made him realize that. Thanks for your feedback, Nihasvin. -rgs

6. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

rather than wasting my time in thinking of a comment for such a nice story; let me :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

:)

7. senzzation

senzzation New IL'ite

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for this wonderful blog. A persons maintaining his character is like walking on the tight rope and the stick that he carries is his discipline. Whenever, he decides to drop it as a burden, he would fall from the tight rope walk.

I am glad that his son's remark made him realize it.

Viswa

9. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Don't
    It is a nice and short story,no need to panic! no need to worry about the climax ???.
    Thanks for giving a simple and good story to all of us.

10. rgsrinivasan

Then I too should bow down to you all Strangerrr, for your continuous support to me. Thanks a lot. -rgs