1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Third Melting Moment!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Dec 26, 2011.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear sir,

With tears blurring my monitor, I can hardly write anything now.... only wanted to say thank you for this melting moment... it certainly melted my heart!!

Akila

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I am really overwhelmed by the responses I got for this blog. Many of you want to know whether Sheela has come out of the ICU now.

This incident was narrated to me by a Doctor friend, the young oncologist in the story. The persons involved in this story are very famous and hence I changed not only the names and locations but also several other details.

What happened then? Sheela was put on a ventilator. Then the Doctors suggested that if she is shifted to a super specialty hospital three hundred kilometres away there's a chance of survival

Dr.Balaraman complied.

But Sheela passed away after a month. Yes, Dr. Balaraman was devastated. But that happened a year ago. A few months later Balaraman returned to his normal self.

I personally know Dr.Balaraman. We are members of a society where we meet once in a month. I am yet to see someone half as nice as him. Losing one's wife at his age is the greatest sorrow. And yet that has not changed his personality. He is still soft, loving, caring, affectionate and very friendly. You see that's the effect of love. The love he had for his wife was so pure that her death did not make him bitter. She is living with him in his memories and will continue to do so till time exists.

After posting the story in IL I sent the links to the 'young man' in the story who is my close friend. He called me up at 10 30 last night. He was almost crying. He had to disconnect and reconnect the call a few times as it was too much for him.

He thanked me for the tribute I paid to the great couple and their love. And finally he told me that he also read all the fbs posted here and that he was moved by them.

He has high regards for you all. I told him with pride that you(ILites) are all 'my people' and I don't want to write for anybody else. I didn't think twice before rejecting offers from other websites who wanted me to write for them for money.

Yes, money could get me a lot of things, I told them. But even tons and tons of money can not get the friends I have here in IL. Thanks for being there for me.

I shall write for you so long as I shall live,

love,
    sridhar

3. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Very touching...
    so sad his wife passed away. But , we all know, nothing is in our hand. Let her soul rest in peace. As u said, she is with him forever. Even the death cannot separate them. Convey my hearty condolence to Dr. Balaraman.

You are such a nice person and wish u have a happy, long ,healthy and wealthy life. And also would like to thank you for giving thought provoking articles, stories and wonderful write-up. We are lucky to have you as our friend.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalottiji,

To do or not to do - this is a question which always leaves us in a quandry. Make them live and extend their suffering - one has to live with the guilt as well as the pain of seeing them suffer. Take them off the ventilator - it leaves one with the life long question of what if .....

This is the tragedy of human beings trapped in this situation where they have a mind as well as a heart with the option of using either.

Very sad that Dr. Sheela passed away in spite of all efforts. At least Dr. Balaram will now live with the satisfaction that he did everything in his power to save his wife. She will always be with him and that is a fact.

Wish him all the best and God give him strength to face the loss as well as peace in knowledge that she is still with him.

5. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Nice message of 'Needs being met' and about two different perspectives that the available crowd of expert doctors and the doctor who had come as a friend had!

Russel had once said that "The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts". Now I am thinking, does this apply to every situation!?!

Best wishes,
    Anuradha

6. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Read your above comment. I am really impressed with the emotions that you imbibe in your writing! Also, nice to know the place of friends in your life and also about your dedication and commitment towards them! Nice to see some person being an asset to Indusladies. Good on having you too :)

7. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

too emotional varalotti

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Really melting moment Sridhar..
    One is the real life incident you had narrated here..answers to true life problems come in from unexpected source..

The second melting moment for us..is the 'thing' you have for us here at IL.

Thank you for sharing both of these melting moments, which is making us more emotional..in the name of love.

Sriniketan

9. varalotti

Dear Saras,
    You hit the nail on its head. Love can't be restricted by logic, confined by knowledge or limited by any other means. That's why Valluvar said, அன்பிற்கும் உண்டோ அடைக்கும் தாழ்..

It's got to do more with those 'streaks of pure and unconditional vibes' found resonating inside one's Heart!

That's a beautiful way of putting it across, Saras. I love it.

Thanks for being the very first to respond to this touching blog.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Gayathri,
    Yes, it is a crying moment. As we have become busy with life, busy with enjoying material comforts we do not have time for such soft feelings like love. But I have not lost all hopes, Gayathri. I gave my book Lovers Park to three girls in their early twenties. all of them loved the book. Which means such kind of love is latent in their minds. The busy materialistic life style dullens their feelings. We need to do something about it.
    As I have already explained Sheela died a month later. Dr.Balaraman is coping up with the loss.
    I have posted the details in this blog itself.
    regards,
    sridhar