1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Weirdest Suicide Note And The Lessons It Teaches!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Oct 20, 2011.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,

I agree with malar, the suicide note makes me think that there certainly is something fishy about the whole deal. Even the point they might have had too much of good times that they wanted to end it there seems kinda absurd. Few might abuse it, few might get immune to it and give up everthing and pursue something else, but to end it, hmmm doesn't convince me.

Another thought provoking post from you sir. Enjoyed reading!!

Akila

2. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir:

This blog is one of a kind. At some point of time during our life, most of us feel the meaningless of life, the truth that nothing lasts, and the life is not worth living. At those "down" periods of life, we have to believe that there is a reason for everything. We have to believe in something, God or nature, otherwise life will be meaningless. In our life journey, we have to get down only at our destination.

"He is even more pleased by those angels who wait silently for an eternity for his orders." - well said sir. Great blog, enjoyed reading it.

Regards
    Janani Natarajan

3. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

How are you Sir? Long time no see! I was a little upset over a few things, and then I thought why not read one of your blogs. I read this blog, and I am so glad I read it. Right blog at right time for me Sir.

So, Madam, if you don’t know your purpose, wait. Just wait for the Big Boss to speak to you. He surely will. You need to be alert lest you should miss his voice.

Thanks a lot for this words Sir. It feels like it was written for me. :)

4. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Sir,

A positive post soaked in a halo of 'Keep-it-going' message - and one that's much-needed for the hour!!

According to a psychiatrist-it's only that one moment of a 'Feverish Frenzy' that 'haunts' the person who wants to commit suicide-if he is distracted off that moment..he probably never gets into that vicious pattern of thinking;

No body sits upright and charts out a 'master-plan' as to how to commit suicide - it's a sheer 'on the spur of a fragile moment'...
    And in this couple's case I only sympathise with them-for had they lived longer...perhaps more blissful times would have awaited them!

Great blog that sure would make most persons who want to try out that 'silly act' back off!

Regards & love,
    Saras

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My dear dd,
    two things happened soon after I posted this blog. One was the mail from my daughter in Chennai that this blog was good and was written from the depths of my heart and not just the tip of my pen. the second is the fb from my daughter in the US.
    That made my day making me sit on cloud nine. No need to be apologetic about not reading my blogs. I have been writing like mad these days. There is also a kind of a sense of urgency. I want to turn out as much as possible, in terms of books and blogs. If you can't keep pace with me, it's fine.

If in spite of a problem free life you feel restless then it only means that the call is coming from your Kitta. While in waiting pray to him. Soon you'll be called and given your assignment. And then doing it will be sheer happiness.
    Take care kavi. My regards to Vel and my wishes to the children.
    love,
    appa

6. varalotti

Thanks, Raji. There is only one raider. We need to be extremely alert while waiting. And waiting surely is not sleeping. If we drown ourselves in work we do not like or heap misery on ourselves by acquiring more and more gadgets, then they will act like wax to seal our ears. We can't hear our Boss' soft voice.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Thanks, Malathi. The best way we can use the waiting time is to hone our hearing skills. Many times we can't hear His voice because of the noisy clattering sound made by our mind. To calm our mind we should have some activity - like helping a child, or reading works on God's love, or the biographies of his devotees...
    thanks once again for the compliments.
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Dear Jaya,
    It's very difficult to know what went through their minds at the final moment. But I want to hazard a guess here. Either it should be because of boredom or more likely because of fear. Fear about the good things not lasting for a long time. T

God is pleased by the angels who make and destroy the Universes at his command.
    I just wanted to say that God has a few angels who do work of paramount importance, like creating a Universe or destroying one. God surely loves them as they are his loyal angels. At the same time God also loves those angels who do nothing but sincerely wait for his command.
    In God's eyes there is no difference between a person who writes an epic poetry that will last for ten thousand years and an illiterate person who ekes out his living by polishing shoes. Both are same in the eyes of our Boss. That's the beauty of our Boss. And that makes fall madly in love with him.
    Even a mother at times discriminates between her children. But He never does.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear Vidya,
    Nobody is lost. We may stray away from our path. But that also is a way. God does not want us to go from Point A to Point B without any deviation.

Waiting is better, Vidya. But what is needed is watchful waiting. The problem with most of us is that we are distracted while waiting.
    It's like waiting outside a busy doctor's consulting room. Of course there will be some books and magazines. And also the TV. No harm in indulging in them. But when the Doctor calls us in we should be ready to go. We should not be saying, "Sorry, Doctor, let me finish watching this serial and come. Meanwhile you can see some other patient."
    That attitude is dangerous.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Gayathri,
    There is famous dialogue in the movie Kungfu Panda. "There are no accidents in the world." Nothing by Chance is the title of the book written by Richard Bach.
    May He wanted to help you and made me write the blog. Which was quite unplanned. I have the third part of the tour ready to be posted and another 101 blogs ready. But yet on an impulse I scribbled this one and posted. And it has touched many hearts.
    I have been associated with automobile industry right from the beginning of my career. I started my career at TVS & Sons. I have worked with many auto-ancillary projects.
    Last time I had a big car. I bought it just for the heck of it. I used the car very rarely. Only a few months back I changed it for a smaller car. Now I am using the car very regularly. Hence I thought of that friend and the example.
    Wait, Gayathri. But be watchful while waiting. Many times our Boss does not shout. He just whispers.
    regards,
    sridhar