1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kannamma,you are my life,you are my love and you are its ecstasy!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Jul 27, 2008.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear meera,you are absolutely right.Our Indian Fabric of cuture tradition lie with the middle class families.Here husband and wife love each other and their hands tight till they reach the end of life's journey.
    love
    mithila kannan

2. mithila kannan

My dear anandchitra,
    It is my good luck that I got yu as my friend.I went about life just like that,and came to find to find pearls,emeralds gems and rubies in the form of friends.You are my gem.
    Thank you.
    love
    mithila kannan

3. mithila kannan

Dear mals,
    I always look forward to your FBs.They give me the energy,my dear.Otherwise I tend to think who cares about what I write and would go and lie down with an agatha christie(she is my favurite,right now I am reading'The Blue Train-lovely).
    As for writing scripts and all I know that your goodwill and kind heart make you such sweet words.I have no such thoughts.The words of appreciation from my fellow ilites are the treasures I will cherish till I breathe my last.
    Yes there are people like sechus my dear.Every hunmanbeing is a bundle of contradictions and sechu is one such person with a good heart,no malice in it.
    I enjoy writing emotional pieces.
    loe mithila kannan

4. mithila kannan

My dear gowri,
    Thank you dear for your kind words of appreciation.Amiddleclass family is like a university.One learns a lot when one observes these people and we also can appreciate the bounties that God has given us.
    Thanks
    love
    mithila kannan

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear M Mami,

What should I say? I am tongue tied rather finger tied to type anything here. This is an astounding piece. I would say your master piece.

The love between Vasu and Kannamma is so touching........... they need not tell anything but their eyes speak volumes of their love. Hats off to the lovely perfect couple.

Wish all the couples take their lessons from these two and then we will not have divorce in our dictionary.

Beautiful mami, keep more coming.

6. mithila kannan

Dear lalitha,
    You said it!If couples understand each other and there is mutual love,divorces won't happen at all.
    There are some unique couples,I have seen many of them who are very lucky to experience ans enjoy this love between them.I think it is 'purvajanma punya'.Not everybody can hope for such a life partner.But under normal circumstances husband and wife should try to understand each other and if not deep love atleast repect for each other should be there which may ultimately lead to love.
    Thank you for your lovely words of appreciation.
    loys of love
    mithila kannan

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila,
    Wonderful piece from you again.True love between couple can happen at any age.I re read the story only to fall in love with your words..absolutely mind blowing narration Bowto you.

Boorish people and their attitudes -well, its prevailent everywhere.But, if there is a kannamma in all of us(ladies), then life is a true bliss.

Keep them coming, You are a star(superstar in IL (?) ) and so the least i can do is to nominate this post for FP of the month! running there... cya...

8. Sanya

Sanya New IL'ite

Dear Mithila,

That's really a lovely storyBow, so touching and sweet. Really enjoyed reading it. If all of us found that kind of love..what more could we ask for.

Do keep writng and writng and writing and writing and writing.........

Love,

Sanya

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithila

A very touching story and very well written. As someone said it was like watching a
    film. I read it in one shot. If the lady of the house is adjustable to everything
    then her husband is the luckiest person in the world to have such an understanding
    wife. They say na Avadum pennale azhivadum pennale. I think in many houses
    our parents and grandparents have gone through struggles in their life but they
    had accepted that with a smile and many kannammas were there to support them.
    Till my father was alive he had struggle in life and my mother was very innocent.
    My elder sister was very much attached to my father and she used to give him
    courage when he used to face difficulties. I was also attached to my father but
    that time I did not know much about the worries. My father died when I was 18 yrs
    old. You correctly said we can learn so many things from a middle class family.
    Actually in old age only the man requires the love of his wife. At that time he is
    like a child. Your story brought tears in my eyes.

with love

10. mithila kannan

My dear viji,
    How beautifully you have captured the essence of the story in your FB.
    Yes,in middle class families ,people struggled to make ends meet.In addition to the already existing troubles were the customs and traditions that had to be observed.It is said that in India when a girl gets married,she marries the entire family with its problems and pleasures of enjoying the other members'affection.(only some were lucky in this aspect).
    But there were and are Kannammas to lve their husbands and to give them unconditional support,so the man remained with his self respect intact.
    These days luckily women have started earning that does not mean that the equation has changed,the woman should understand that.
    Bharathiyar said,
    "kadhaloruvanai kaippidiththu avan kariyam yavilum kai koduththu
    Nalla madhararangal pazhamaiyai kattilum
    Matchi perachcheydhu vazhvamadi"
    There I think lies the essence of being a woman.
    Thank you for a lovely FB.
    lots of love
    mithila kannan

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008