1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

PONNIYIN SELVAN - Chapters 9 and 10

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Nov 24, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Similar Threads
    1. curlytweethere
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. curlytweethere
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. gayababu
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Good morning Sir,

No words can describe my excitement to read next chapters.Infact whole ponniyin selvan.

Waiting for more sir....

Thank you very much...because of you i am able to read this...

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridharji,
    Excellent narration, you are taking us back to historic period n you have put it correctly feminine feelings about new bride,

"Oh my dear river Ponni! Can there be any lass who will not be thrilled in seeing your beautiful form? Or can there be any woman who will not become ecstatic on seeing you run towards your beloved?"
    I loved this lines....... by the by kudagu is spelled as Kodagu, Kodava land.......pls make this correction.......(I just wanted to let you know.......)

Kunthavai name has very nice ring to it I am not surprised some reader named his DD I want to know its meaning........
    I guess now ladies have arrived so it will go on becoming interesting I think Vanathi is in love with Arul...Verman (I dont remember name properly).............

4. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Wow Sridhar !!! simply superb...

Loved the description of Cauvery...too good..I had been to Srirangapatnam near mysore a few years ago. I was sitting at the banks enjoying the beatiful sight for a long time... feeling nostalgic now.. want to go back and look at Cauvery once again through Kalki's eyes..what a writer indeed !!!!

Also, loved the explanation of the pricess for the sun and the dew drop.. very beautiful...

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    This episode is full of metaphors! The hidden poet is brought to the fore in this episode! Of course, you would say that is the translation of the original, but even then...... your translation must have only added colour to the original beauty! Made interesting reading and the curiosity has been aroused further!
    Love
    Malathi

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar
    Yes no words can describe how this story is going on it is just marvellous, excellent.
    The way you have described the Cauvery river as a maiden was just awesome.

7. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Oh man! Sridhar Uncle!!!! Again you've stopped at the most interesting part!!! What is this astrologer going to say??? What is wrong with the girl??? Whats all this about the Sri Lankan war??? Does she love the prince? Oh God!!! Yenakku mandaiye vedicchurum-pole irukku! Seekiram aduttha chapter-e post pannungo!!! ;)

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Amarkkalam, Sridhar...andha description of the cauvery who joins the ocean, then the description of the beauties, the song, introduction of the important characters in the story and also the dialogue between the friends..all are super...

sriniketan

9. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Very Intersting... now we have a love twist in this too!!...
    Wondering where its going to lead us!!!..
    Kerman

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar Sir,

These chapters were really awesome!!! Like everyone else I too enjoyed the description of Cauvery, the two ladies, the sun and the dew drops para…it was toooooo good.

You know what I wished for…:) (do you remember the amar chithra katha of our days..their pictures used to be beautiful. I still remember how fascinated I was with shakunthala..) if I remember properly I have heard my mother talking about kalkis heroines… that they were picturized very lovely?…I would love to see the picture of princess kunthavai..so beautiful and aristocratic …and I find her a very interesting personality …reading this with pictures would transport one into a totally different land. No wonder people used to wait for the weekly episodes.:)

And just for my info… was this novel ever made into a movie??? It seems to have got all the ingredients…but I guess the language is what made it such a great hit. I just want to assure you that you are doing an excellent job with the English version too.:thumbsup
    I am really enjoying it..