1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

God and HIS Will

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aquarian80, Nov 23, 2010.

1. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Hi Friends,

This is my first attempt at blogging. And the reason i wanted to write was an experience i had recently in my life.

To give my background, I am working in the IT field since last 8 years. I have a 3.5 yr old kid and i have been trying to manage work and home since last 4 years. Till now, i had given my best to my work, total committment, even if it demanded long hours, working over the night!! My kid is taken care by my parents when we are at work. So my poor one had to miss his mummy lot many times in the last 1-1.5 years, even at night times when i would be in office. But now, i took a decision that i will not take these long hours anymore and requested for a project which would be strictly 9-6. This is a decision i took thinking solely about my kid and his future.

Now, with this background, came the time for promotions in my company. Due to my sincere hardwork and committment all these days, i had good grades and was recommended for a promotion by my manager. I had prayed to ALMIGHTY with all my heart for this chance. I had prayed that please give me this reward for all the sacrifices i have made all these years. I asked all my family members to pray for me.

But....

I did not get the promotion. Probably there were many more deserving people in the queue ahead of me who have waited longer than me for this oppurtunity. I was sad,disappointed. In fact angry on HIM. How can HE disappoint me when i had prayed to him so much for this. Not just prayers but i had put in so much of Hard work for this. Till now in my life and career HE has always helped me and guided me. Now why has HE let me down? These were the questions running in my mind. I felt neglected by HIM.

Then my mind went over my life so far. HE had given me all that i had asked for till now in my life. HE gave me most loving parents, good education, good grades in school/college, a good job in a highly acclaimed IT company, a loving DH, a sweet DS, sweet and the most co-operative MIL. And i was angry with him just because HE did not give me this promotion.

One of the incidents with my DS came to my mind. My DS wanted a toy badly. I would have got him the toy, but i wanted to buy a better one for him so i did not get the one which he was asking for. I explained this to my DS and he understood and waited for the better one. My DS had the belief on me that i will get him a better one and did not feel angry on him. But why was I behaving like a kid with HIM who is our Parent. HE has never let me down on things which were important to me in my life. For instance, my DH is a north indian and i am a south indian(a tam brahm to be precise). My parents were totally against even the thought of a love marriage. But HE helped me through this and helped me convince my parents and marry the person i wanted to. That was the most important thing for me in my life without which i would not have come so far also.

HE did not want to give me this gift of promotion mayybe because,
    1. It is not so important and there are many more things important in my life which i do not know but HE knows.
    2. HE wanted something better for me than what i desired.

This thought process made me feel that I should be glad for the life i have, the gifts which HE has already given to me and thank HIM daily(which i already do). So, this is a blog which i wanted to write as a way of asking forgiveness to HIM. We should never question HIS will and pray to HIM to guide us along the correct way through our life.

Friends,
    This is my first writing/blogging experience ever. So, please excuse any blunders and provide your suggestions/comments.
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Wow, good to know that you thought this way.

We all should understand that when he asks us to wait..he is trying to find something better for us...But we are silly...we get angry easily..

Good thought you gave me today...

Have a nice day

3. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

Thanks Perfectionist. My aim in writing this blog is just to share this thought with others, so that if someone had a similar complaint with HIM, can try to put their situation in this view point and try to think of HIS perspective.

4. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

A nice blog, and your words have given me wisdom which I have been looking for.

5. rnp1112

rnp1112 Bronze IL'ite

Very nice blog .. loved your thoughts

6. kssvandana

kssvandana New IL'ite

am also in somewhat similar situation.....say like at cross roads, not knowing which direction to pursue further....i need guidance and strength to continue the path i take...HE is the only person i rely on...

7. swathika

swathika Junior IL'ite

Interesting thoughts. I had a similar experience. I was quite angry at that time as the promotion was indicated to me and I was expecting it. But did not happen. It only so happened that I took the plunge (after 6 years in same company) and now I am in a better position that what I would have been if I had been given that promotion. So now I always believe that God does not give us what we want rather he gives us what we need !!!

For your 1st blog, you have amazing clarity and the way you have tied it all together made a wonderful read !

8. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot swathika for your generous words. Your experience enforces my belief that HE has better plans for me. Just to let everyone know, i did not get the office promotion, but HE gave me another one at home:) I am going to be a second time mom:) I came to know of this just last week couple of days after writing this blog:) So, probably this is what HE wants me to focus on now:)

@kssvandana,

I am no one to preach to anyone. But from my experience, i can say that keep your mind clear, think of what your heart wants, pray to HIM, then leave it to HIM to give what HE wants to give you. Keep looking out for the signs HE gives you(you might ignore/want to ignore them for it might not be what you desire). All my wishes to you to sort out your direction.

9. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi quarian80

very well written and true. using ur sons metaphor, u have brought out the fact clearly, that why we keep whining for this and that and ignore the good things that is happening to us now.

For quite some time now, i am at peace with whatever happens, and like u, i do believe god knows what is better for us. we can just pray to give more strength and confidence, to deal with whatever happens.

10. kolli143

kolli143 Senior IL'ite

Nice post. I am happy to read the positive way you took the promotion issue and love the example you gave with DS and toy thingy.

I was at the cross roads as well until one month ago and I have chosen to take a less stressful job to be there for my 2 yr old. You are lucky in one way to have parents taking care of you DS.