1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Long hair, two plaits

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 26, 2010.

1. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Viji ma,
    two plaits are students trade mark of the till mid 70's. till amma was alive she used to plait my hair even though i was going to office. suddeenly my hair became thin only after mithers death i trimmed my hair. now with my pain in my hand i find it difficukt to plait but still i like to plait and have started to use a ribbon so that it does not get knots. very nice of you to share this as i wne t down memory lane

2. dipti255503

dipti255503 New IL'ite

I had long hair bt ddn't like 2 plaits. I wonder where my long hair gone?

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Dipti

Welcome to my blog. Good to know you have long hair.

love
    viji

4. gargee

gargee Junior IL'ite

Dear viji mam
    I also blessed with black long hair reaching upto knee level. In my college days i also used put

2 plaits still I have maintained my long black hair (in 40 +) but now it is very uncomfortable to put 2 plaits

so many to recollect those memories

5. gargee

gargee Junior IL'ite

Dear viji mam
    I also blessed with black long hair reaching upto knee level. In my college days i also used put

2 plaits still I have maintained my long black hair (in 40 +) but now it is very uncomfortable to put 2 plaits

so many thanks to recollect those memories

6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Oh i miss two plaits... i used to have long hair and my mom takes extra effort to maintain it... its all gone now... :(

7. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma...you reminded me of my school days when I used to put two plaits and navy blue ribbons.....I had very long hair but not too thick and always used to envy my sister who had much more longer and very very thick hair.

Now I have just hair touching my shoulders as it is easy to maintian !!

8. geetsun

geetsun Junior IL'ite

yes viji madam, those goody old days are gone. Now even if the babies have long hair they go to the beauty parlour pay hefty amount and get it cut, leave alone two plaits, even single plait is not in fashion. Further, everyone is behind fashion(can anyone tell me as to who starts this fashion thing)whether it suits her or not. As earlier told, two plaits will come into fashion again soon
    when the present trend becomes boring. You know, long hair is already back so next will be two plaits. Let us wait and see. geetsun

9. Sarasan

Sarasan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Viji ma,
    U r really good in bringing back the memories
    i hope all the gals will agree tat they love 2 plaits , i used to have in my scool days, after a 7 years of gap, when i was pregnant( 9 months) i suddenly felt like having two plaits , i just told tis to my MOm, she did that for me not with any ribbons but just with hair bands, that evening my sis (younger to mee)came with flowers (pichi poo) said tat i felt like giving tis to u akka , & she was surprised to see me in two plaits & just gave me a loving hug( Pregnant lady with 2 plaits & pichi poo too)
    My Hubby & my Dad everyone laughed at me saying that going to be a mother in another one month ; but still childish ah!

Thanks for making me to cherish those memories

10. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma,

Plaiting hair tightly after applying oil was the only thing i knew when i was studying in school and it was well enough to keep my hair long and strength.
    While traveling in bus, to run out the time i watch the hair styles of other girls inside the bus.. 6 out of 10 has gray hair..Because today girls does not know how to maintain their hair and whatever shampoo comes new in market,they try all those products.