1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pain Is Universal. Suffering Is Optional

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 17, 2010.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Sridharji, fantastic. Instead of cursing the power cut and make ourselves dull, we can use ur positive way to enjoy the power cut. Not only this small problems, we have positive happy solutions to all the problems. But we are wasting our energy in criticising the problem instead of finding a solution.

I hope u had a nice, jolly day on 18th.

andal

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I am really happy that you got a flash, Vaishnavi. may that flash bring you more and more happiness.
    And yes, thanks for the words of appreciation.
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Andal, thanks. Yes, we had a nice, full day. The power went off at 9. I had break-fast and we went to visit our friend who was in the hospital. Spent some quality time with him and came back home around ten. My wife had her break-fast and we went for shopping. We spent the time in the cool comfort of Ananda metals a large store for utensils and cooking equipments.
    Came back around 12 30. Had our lunch. I was reading for a while. Then we left for Boss (e) baskaran movie. it was a light movie, something apt for a week-end. Came back around 5 45. The power had come. And we were back to our usual busy lives.
    There is a positive side to every problem, there is an opportunity in every adversity.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

4. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Light hearted or not, reading your write-ups are always a delight.

If only all of us were wise enough like you to make the best use of adversity!

Nice Day.Always.
    Shail

5. mmvellodi

mmvellodi New IL'ite

There are many examples to demonstrate this. Bruce lee wanted to play football. But one of his legs was short by more than an inch. (Or one was longer by more than an inch!!!) The teacher adviced him to follow Kung fu and other martial art where only one leg touched the floor. The other was always in the air. And he started.. The rest is history.
    Our own Usha Uthup wanted to learn Carnatic Music but her voice was gruffy. She was adviced to follow POP music and she became a legendary figure in the world of Pop Music.
    As Mr. Shridhar said, suffering is optional. They did not wanat to opt that.
    Very well written Mr. Varalotti.

6. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Another good one as usual from you , Sir ! Quite brainstorming ..! Mantra is to be positive ALWAYS...

7. g3sri

g3sri New IL'ite

Very nice...This also means that there is always some good in bad and some advantage in a disadvantage....All in what you view and understand...

8. varalotti

Dear Shail,

Arising out of my blog and your comments I feel that a time has now come to redefine adversity. Adversity is when your mind is incapable of seeing something good in a given situation.

Thanks Shail for coming in and for those remarks that made me fly in the air.
    sridhar

9. varalotti

You are right. Bruce Lee and Usha Uthup examples are enlightening.
    When I say suffering is optional it is clear that suffering is not imposed on anybody. Of course God gives pain to all. Every one has her own cross. But there are quite a few who enjoy carrying a cross.
    If at all you have to carry a cross better sing and make your load lighter, is the basic lesson of life.
    I will give another example closer to home. For a majority of people looking into accounts, thinking about taxes is a night mare. But I love to do it. Accounting is something I have always loved; I feel funny when people tell me, "Sridhar, do something but don't even tell me what you did. I want you to fix it. And you can raise a bill for whatever amount you want."
    I think its unfair because I am paid for what I love to do.
    thanks for coming in.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks Monsi. My mantra is simple. When you have something unpleasant to do instead of looking ways to avoid doing it (which is actually the suffering part) look for ways by which you can enjoy doing it.
    that's life.
    thanks for coming in, Monsi.
    sridhar