1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I hate Hospital- 2

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sinolchu, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Sinolchu

Sinolchu New IL'ite

I was in std six said Harish. Sumesh looked at his friend and kept quite, it was better not to comment at the moment. One day just before the lunch break, the principal called me to office and said, “Harish your mother has taken ill and she is in the hospital, she wants to see you.” My first thought was wow half day in school; I don’t have to attend the boring Hindi class. With excitement I looked at the principal but when I saw him staring down with eyes full of sympathy I thought something must be wrong. I asked him, Ma was perfectly okay in the morning; she gave me my favorite b’fast omlett and paratha, suddenly what happened to her, sir. He touched my head and said, don’t worry child, she will be okay, now hurry up and get your bag, Rajish the office peon will drop you.

I rushed to my class and told my friends, they were envious at first, wow half day that is cool they said.
    Roopesh was waiting for me, so I picked my bag and waved at my friends and told them see you tomorrow.
    As we neared the hospital I got a strange kind of sensation in my tummy. At that time, I thought as if I wanted to go do susu. My father was waiting for me; he took my hand and told me, “Be a brave boy, your Ma wants to talk to you.” I looked at him and asked what happened to her? He said she met with an accident and now she wants to talk to you.

I entered the room and was shocked to see my lovely mother withering in pain. I rushed to her and said Ma what happened, she slowly opened her eyes and said, “I was waiting for you.” I tried touching her hand which had number of needles connected to pipes. There were monitors like TV with lines running across. I got scared; I wanted to hug my ma. I went closer to her, she told me, “I love u, remember that I always love you. You are a good boy, listen to what your father says.” I wanted to tell her I would listen to her too, she should not speak that way but no words came out of my mouth. I kept staring and looking at my mother. I did not realize when was I taken out of the room and sent home. The next day my mum died and with her died a lot of things.

My father who was always cheerful and jovial became a withdrawn man. The smile from his eyes had vanished. We just lived. I started getting nightmares; I used to wet my bed. I used to hate going to school. My father did try to help me but who would help him. Finally I was packed off to a boarding school in Nainital and you know what happened after that. We have been friends ever since. The hospital not only took away my mother but also my father, my friend, my happiness. Now Sumi is n hospital.

I wiped away my tears and told Harish, don’t worry everything will be fine. Have faith. By that time the car reached the hospital but Harish refused to get down. Just then Smitha, my wife called me up and said where is Harish I have been trying his number. I asked what happened and then she told Sumedha went to an early labour, she has just delivered a healthy baby girl.

Sumesh gave a tight hug to Harish and whispered; this time the hospital has not taken but given you your baby. So saying both the friends started weeping shamelessly.

Hey guys my first attempt in writing story/fiction. Would love to hear from you all… both positive and negative feedback is welcome

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

wow.... very nice sinolchu... people love to go to hospital only when somebody gives birth... you have explained it beautifully with the hero's fear of hospitals... loved it. .

3. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Wow! Yeah, hospitals are terrifying and they always give the creeps - especially when people at times do not know if they will return home with out without the member.

But hey, having a baby would be a happy memory, a new member to take home! Nicely written story.
    Keep it up!

4. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

The order of events is very nice sinolchu and nice suspense. Keep writing.Good luck to you.

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful.....

The emotions have come out very well.

Keep posting more.

6. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Wonderful one sino :)

7. Sinolchu

Sinolchu New IL'ite

Hey everyone thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. As this was my first attempt on fiction writing I was really nervous. Thanks will try to improve n come up with somethg nice :)

8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sinolchu,

Wonderful.... beautifully written. Keep writing!!

Love
    Akila

9. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Emotional story. very nice to read the happy ending. I love reading it.

andal

10. AnchanaGanesh

AnchanaGanesh New IL'ite

Nice story! a very good end quite surprising!