1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fate!! Isn't it?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

There are some things; no matter how hard you try, you can't prevent it from happening. They are out of your hands. There are some things I pointed out here, may seems silly but true almost always.

1. When you read something of internet and your boss passes by, its human tendency to close the browser immedietely. Just when you close it and turn to speak with your manager, you see your boss keeps checking out your monitor. You being very confident that you closed the browser, go on and on about the hardwork you put towards the current task. After he left, you turn to your monitor with complete satisfaction that you convinced him, just to see the browser is still open with the alert box "Do you want to close all the tabs??"

2. You take ultra care when you boil the milk in stove, by not moving anywhere and watching the boiling pot keenly. But just the day when you cleaned your stove with all extra efforts, somehow, your attention scatter just the very second milk boils and make the mess all over the stove.

3. You caught in a situation where you have to have conversation with a person whose accent is absolutely greek and latin to you. You have to nod along and every now and then laugh when he/she laughs. Just then she starts questioning; you cant say you didnt get it, because you just laughed. Now this is not the worst part. Straight opposite to you sits another person, who understood what you are doing. You have to make the speaker believe that you understood and also the silent listener that you are not playing along...

4. You always have to run in the last moment to catch the train. But that day you took oath to reach the train station at least 5 minutes before the actual time and planned each and every little things. Then successfully you reach the station at the exact time as you have planned, just to learn from the display that the train is half an hour late.

5. You always reach office by 8.30AM sharp, but your boss comes by 10AM. You think one day that it makes no difference to your boss whether you come by 8.30 or 10AM as he comes late after you. You decide to take leverage on that and arrive office at 10.15AM and your boss sits there who has arrived by 9AM making him to think that that is your usual timing. All your effort of coming by 8.30 has gone and you have to come up with a story to prove that you come to office early.

6. You feel very lonely and wanted to talk to somebody so badly. You call 2 to 3 persons with whom you feel like talking to. But they were all busy and asks you to call after an hour or so. You finally give up and start doing something of your interest. You then get very interested and so involved in that. Now all the 3 calls you one after another...

Can you think of any others.... Please add them Friends... :hiya

2. tweetyme

tweetyme New IL'ite

Hey ILT,

so true.Here are two things which I experienced:-

1.Any food I like or that which tastes real good is always fattening:)

2. Cable connection always expires on a weekend or long holiday and howmuch ever we try it can be renewed only after the weekend.

All these are just variations of Murphy's laws which states that anything which can go wrong, will go wrong !

And yeah..Silverman's paradox for Murphy's law is :-

If Murphy's law can go wrong, it will! hahaha

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

hahahaha Tulips dear!! superb ones yep I have faced alll of those things above....

another thing I faced was growing up all the time I wanted to put on weight...I wanted to gain weight desperately....but never did...but after marriage..I dont want to gain weight and guess what ...I just gain it no matter what I do / dont do :)..ofcourse i am not obese or overweight..but still...those couple of pounds around belly area make me feel as if I am too overweight :) so watchout what we ask for ..heheheh

4. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

nice one!!!

one I can remember is - It always rains on weekends when u plan to go out.

5. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Ah! thats some wonderful things that you have put up (I loved teh 1st and 2nd and the 4th - they always always happen to me!)

To add another to the fate list:
    You have decided to go early to office, bacause you have always been entering the office at the excusable dead-line, so you wake extra early and get ready and leave for the bus-stop. ANd you glance the watch - yes! you think - so much early than always. You wait and wait, only the bus doesn't appear and the bus-stop is overflowing now. No buses appear for a long long time and now you have waited so long that its has become your usual time and you hope to reach as always, if not early. You see the bus approaching and see the people hanging at the doors and pass you by without stopping! And there goes your hope - all in a well!

6. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

a good list.. ILT..:) my list-
    1. you decide to get up early today and you land up getting up late than the usual..:)
    2.you decide the watch the movie , you always wanted to watch , which is now telecasted ob tv..!! but now all plan to go out that day for some trip/ out to some place..!!
    interesting..never given a thought to though..!!
    nice blog ILT..:):)

7. ILoveTulips

Hi tewwtyme, both are nice points... I like poori but hate chappathi... and when you watch intereting program in TV, the power goes off... and returns just after the program ends...

thanks for sharing your comments..

ta

8. ILoveTulips

nicely pointed out about weight gain Srividya... And the frustrating thing is when you want to diet the first part that looses weight is the face, which we wanted to be chubby... the last thing to go is the tummy, which we wanted to go at the first place... glad u liked it.... and thanks for ur comments...

ta

9. ILoveTulips

oh Rain... tell me about it... living in England it rains the whole summer.. you pointed out good one Jaishvts.... Thanks

10. ILoveTulips

oh my God Gayathri... YOu spoke the exact thing I faced when I was in Chennai... Even I get ready for office, I have to wait for buses and share autos which come in full.... Thanks for your comments...