1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the class leader ???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

My school life was funfilled than College days. Of course college days are enjoyable. But in school, its more controlled and disciplined. Having fun, doing sneaky mistakes are exciting. And there is one more fact that make us not to forget our school life forever. We were young and we met our first friends there. I dont remember most of my college lecturers name. But I can tell all my teachers name from the elementary school, I can tell which teacher handled which subject in what standard. I can tell who is the class teacher each year. I studied in all girls school.

Evening snacks in KFC, movies in Mayajaal, snow bowling will not fulfill even 1% of happiness I had when I rushed for 5 paise thenmittaai, kamarkat during class intervals, and shared with my friends. College days were more recent than the school days. I keep in touch with 99% of my college friends through orkut, facebook etc. But not even one of my school friends are in those networks. But still I can remember everything about them. There are thousands and thousands of memories that still makes me smile. Not only my close friends but still any girl who remotedly helped me.. The one who lent me pen when I am in the last minutes of the exam and my pen gave away, the ones who consoled me when I lost my Rs. 200 exam fees, the one sat near me and told that I am good girl and she liked me very much just after the teacher left blasting me left and right, the one who shared her lunch with me when I accidentally dropped mine, the one who ran as fast as she could to fetch me water when I fainted during the long hour assembly under hot sun, the bunch of girls who came to my home to make sure I am alright when I was down with fever and couldnt attend the exams... I dont know what they are doing now, I came long way from them.

As and when the teacher controls us, we find something to keep us entertaining. Especially the group studies. I think its common in all schools, were small groups of 6 to 7 members are categorised and a smart girl will be assigned as a group leader. We have our books opened and after the teach crossed away one of the girl continue to tell the story of the movie she saw the previous day.

Days are passed happily as quickly as it can. Saturdays and Sundays used to go thinking of how to make the Mondays the most fun day.

There are 2 sets of people who might hated school life or had less fun than others...

First Category:

They are class leaders.
    I always feel sorry for the class leaders. They are the scape goats who cant enjoy the school day funs. Usually an enthusiastic, active girl who is also good in studies will be chosen as class leader. From the day she is appointed as the class leader, she is responsible for everything. If the teacher didnt find the chalk or duster, her first question would be "Who is the class leader? Cant you check these small things at least?? ". The orders are countless like "Who is the class leader? Collect the exam papers.. Check for parent's signature on all papers", "Who is the class leader? Mind the class, if I hear noise outside, you are the first person to get punished". I remember an event from my 8th std. The class was so noisy and games teacher who passed by was so unreasonable and blasted the class leader in front of the whole class. The next day she pleaded in front of the class to stop talkingand be quiet. But we were not that focused on what she was saying and we continued to talk, Poor girl, scared that the games teacher might come again, didnt know how to keep us quiet, started dancing. She sang one of the famous songs on that time and danced in western. Every single girl in the class was shocked, saw her with their jaw dropped and not sure whether to laugh or not. The class was pin-drop silence on that period. All we know was she danced for half an hour. We felt very sorry for her. And also we remember we didnt give her trouble and maintained silence. I still remember her name, but havent talked to her much in those days...

Second Category:

They are first rank holders. They are always the pets of the teachers. Once a girl scored the first rank in the class, then she was expected to be the first rank holder next time too. So at least not to loose the face she has to work hard. She cant get involved in all the funs we had.

We got insulted bunch of times, but we never got hurt. (oh i myself liked this line). We didnt have mobile phones, scootys, a big pocket money. If a girl has Hero pen, then she is considered to be from a well-to-do family. Our school uniform is a half saree in green color. We could see a sly smile on the faces of convent school girls in skirts on seeing us. We were so used to the phrase "oh you cant speak english fluently??? My daughter can... She is in St. Joseph you know???" and "hey its not kuckumbar.. its Que-kam-ber (how to pronounce cucumber)"..

That Government Girls' Higher Secondary school gave me my first friends, teachers, discipline, knowledge and loads of wonderful moments I cherish forever. I dont have contact of a single person from that school. Hope they all well settled in their life. I also hope that I should have had positive impact on at least one person in that school and she remembers me...

:cry:

2. sandhya19

sandhya19 New IL'ite

hi,
    this has reminded me of my school days which were so funfilled..and i can even remember my Kindergarden teacher's name..and there are lot of unforgettabe school incidents - which friend fainted on what exams, who used to bring more of what for their lunch, moreover i remember the birthdays of my school friends with those whom i am not in touch with!!....nice post made my memories fresh!! thank you.

3. nikhiee

nikhiee New IL'ite

Hiiii......
    Even I feel the same.Your post helped me in reliving those moments once again.School days always hold a special place in one's heart.I remember all the big n small incident of my school life ,the name of my class teachers,friends n all.Sometime I just wish to go back into my childhood n relive it all over once again.

Thanx for comming up with such a post.

4. ILoveTulips

Dear Sandhya,

Thank you for your comments..
    Yes, lunch was another fun-tastic time... When I think my friends enjoy my lunch, I force my mom to prepare that again and share with them. We learnt the joy of sharing in those days isn't it??

5. ILoveTulips

Dear Nikhiee,

Thank you for your comments.

I thank my parents for my fun filled school time too. They enjoyed my funny stories from school, when I tell them, they speak to my friends with care and affection... My friends liked me more after I introduced them to my parents... :)

ILoveTulips

6. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Hey Dear,

You made me to revive the good old school memories.

For me too, My school days were more fun filled than college days.

And I keep in touch with my school friends too.

We did all kind of pranks in the Girls higher sec school of my small town.

I once dropped the bottle filled with water from first floor on one of the teacher's head and we ran away :)

Every time we have the some or the other reason to giggle at while the mam is teaching.

I was punished to stand out in the class because I could not stop laughing even after the mam scolded me:)

I remember eating my lunch running , jumping over the benches because sometimes we finish our friends lunch in the break itself and at noon my lunch will be at risk :)

We always finish our lunch late and we hurry to go to class otherwise the games teacher will give canning. Once we could not escapte so we ran and we hide in the toilets(ofcourse more than 3 in each toilet) Ha Ha Ha

the list of pranks that we did goes endless.
    My teachers (including HM),tution mates, school mates,tution teacher everyone attended my marriage (on May 23rd 2010) And everyone was wondering how I managed to make them come to attend my marriage from different states and cities :)

Sorry for my long reply. You made me overhelmed with your blog. Really you made my day. Hugs to you dear.

P.S I forgot to tell, I was the class leader (though I always plead my mam not to make me the leader) and I was the rank holder too.
    sometimes there will be exceptions it seems dear. I am happy I am one:) Cheers

7. ILoveTulips

Wow Raba... Very nice to read your comments... you should put all the mischiefs in a blog... Sure I will read it... May I say I am the first rank holder too?? But my teachers said I am not bold enough to be a class leader.... Thank God... Still I had good time... Glad you liked it... After seeing your comment I was happy that I wrote this blog too... And i saw all your comments on my blogs... seems you read all my blogs in a stretch.... Lovely... Thanks dear...

ILoveTulips.... or just Tulips if you will ...

8. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

lovely write up ILT..!!!

GREAT..the way you expressed , got fully immeresed in yr blog..!!

liked these lines very much"Not only my close friends but still any girl who remotedly helped me.."

well said nd written..hats off 2 you ILT!!!

9. ILoveTulips

Dear Suria,

Thank you for your comments... its really encouraging. Glad you liked my blog. Hope I will maintain the same spice in my future ones..

ILoveTulips

10. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

very nice write up ILT (I love tulips). It reminded me of my shcool days. We were 8 girls (ofcourse girls school) in our group and we ourselves used to call us as ROUGHS in the school. Teasing seniors and juniors, getting sclods from teachers. We are all bringt students. We were in Hockey & Base Ball team in our school, representing school in district level matches etc etc. Wow what a life!!!