1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

History of Painting: Renaissance Art

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Navaljee, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

Church and Art: Mainly commissioned by Catholic Church, the Renaissance Paintings were like celebration of the art of painting. Starting from the use of religion themes outside of the premises of churches, the renaissance artists celebrated the invention of using oil colours, too. Well equipped with diverse subjects and variety of themes, these artists used philosophy, poetry, religious beliefs, architectural splendour and scientific development in their paintings. These prolific painters proved many new concepts. They established that the ideas could be depicted with ease and grandeur on canvases and walls of churches and palaces.

Art and Technique:
    Period of Renaissance was the era of scientific realism. New inventions in the field of architect and industrial sectors were bubbling in the air. The art of painting could not remain untouched by blowing air of this growing scientific knowledge. On close observation of renaissance paintings we can see how precisely the theory of showing scientific realism, too, is depicted through masterly skills. It can be assumed that these painting are the final product of intricate and analytical drawing that the artists would have done before going onto canvas.

While being an artistic bridge joining the two greatest of the art moments like ‘The Art of Middle Ages, and the ‘Baroque Art’, renaissance painters made available the paintings to the people living outside of courts and palaces. The genre painters did this revolution. They mounted the life of common men and their daily activities onto canvases. They made the art honouring the life of citizens who had just tasted the freedom sponsored by new age of industrial revolution.

For Reading Similar Articles about painting with images, You please visit the Interesting Links given here in the left sidebar.

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I really love the paintings in olden day church. Its really awesome. When I visit a church(if its Nth time too) I cant stop admiring those lovely paitings.

3. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

From Navaljee to Amihere

Thank you for visiting my article. You can read other interesting articles given in at the links given in the left sidebar. If you are on Facebook, yu can see my works at NAVAL LANGA .

I am happy to know that you love painting.
    -Naval