1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MyBlog- 67 ( Why females hate females..)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pragmatic, May 19, 2010.

1. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

Have you ever observed :
    * two sisters cribbing off each other.
    * Mom accusing her daughter
    * MIL disliking her DIL
    * Two friends competing n hurting each other for education/boyfriends/jobs/etc
    * A mother/grandmother only wanting a boychild in the family.

There are enormous such examples in our day to day lives. Though I agree there are many women around who would not fall into this category but there are few exceptions as well.

The concern that i am facing at this stage is the demand of a 'boy' child. My grand mom in law, MIL, aunts, cousins, bhabhi's ,friends ..etc are all wishing me luck to have a healthy baby boy. The constant statement of my grand MIL and MIL is 'pyara sa pota dedo hame' ....All they wish me is luck for a 'Baby boy'

isn't that unfair n illogical approach of most of the females around?

All I want & wish is a healthy baby ...be it a boy or a girl. We have not even identified the gender of the baby during 20 week ultrasound. we want to keep it as a surprise and hubby and i just wish a happy n healthy baby :) For us our baby: girl child or a boy child will be equally special :)

2. sreesai

sreesai Senior IL'ite

I agree with you Pragmatic. I don't understand why this discrimination. When I was pregnant too, everyone from my in-laws side wished for a baby boy. I wanted a healthy baby.

Wish you a safe pregnancy and be blessed with a healthy baby.

- Sreesai

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

It is there in most of the cultures around the world. We wanted daughters, had two sons. very happy wit our kids. My second son is grown up now. When he was a baby, people used to say that God wasted the color on son instead of giving to a girl. He was teased because he had lighter skin ( Chennai person) and nice lashes. He used to be very upset. When he was young we moved to US. Even now, Indian women make the same remark. It hurts kid's feeling.
    Don't worry about other people's remark. Enjoy the life. Boy or girl, healthy child is important. We are brought up in our society. We need to change. Just ignore them.
    Have a great life with happy family.
    Peace Be With You.

4. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Pragmatic, Yes even I have seen many saying bless you with a baby boy..immediately em and MIl react saying why only baby boy and why not baby girl...
    Though the world (technology and people) are moving ahead and few of their mind sets are still way behind and not matching with the current generation..donno why this discrimination..BABY is a baby and gift of GOD no matter if it is a boy or a girl...

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Dear

You would have a healthy and happy child. do not worry much! when they say such words just smile and say god bless thats all.

Yep might be its all ingrained in their minds that boys are good and girls are always burden..but you can already see change in our generations thoughts. so just shurg those thoughts away..and be happy dear!

6. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dear,

Let us try to take the elders' 'wish' from a different point of view! Might be they are 'concerned' with the diminishing balance in girls and boys ratio in the society!:rotfl

Jokes apart...

Please do not worry. Congratulations on your pregnancy and wish you be blessed with a healthy baby!!

7. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Well,
    You and and your husband both wish the same right???
    Then why bother about others around.
    Well thats our society and thats the way we are, if anyone of us wants to make a difference then we needn't give any dime to such notes, just smile at thier wish , stay silent and move on...once the baby arrives, if you feel that the attitude of people around is causing an issue to her, then just stay away and make sure that you migke only on occations.

I have a twin, when I was about to deliver, the blessing that I received from my In laws was "Let both the babies be baby boys".
    I was like oh ghosh.....but didn't show any of that to them, I have a baby boy and a baby girl, the one that is most pampered by the same people who blessed me is the baby girl. "Ithini pyaari hai ki" people can't stop loving her.

The senerio would change and it would be your own child who would change it.

Wish you a very safe delivary.

regards,
    Kavitha.

8. sonachand

sonachand New IL'ite

Hii
    GrandMIL and MIL only want a ghar ka chirag, purkhon ko diya dikhane ke liye. They were asked for the same from their MIL and great IL. Though times have changed MIL and Grand MIL still need time to change.

A few days back my sister deliverd a baby boy. i got he news and while talking to my neighbours i told them abt the news.
    After hearing the news, the first thing she said is that , pehela ladka ho gaaya to agee koi tension nahi hota. (if a boy is born first there no tension in furture.) It was were saddenning to hear that from a women of today. They talk of so much of changed time, girls nothing less than boys and all such things, but at the end they also want a boy. A girl is still looked as a burden and expense noting else.

9. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi I dont agree to the above comments. I am also pregnant right now. My mom always blesses me saying, may it be a baby boy! We were 2 girls, this doesn't mean my mom considers daughters as burden. She says it loudly as they say anything we say, all Gods around us say, "Thathasthu", meaning may it come true.
    It is true that we definitely need a daughter, because no one can love the parents as much as a daughter can. But however, i will not undermine the importance of having a son too! Both boy and girl child are needed and are important. People prefer to have first a boy and then a girl, as if something happens to parents, the elder son can take care of the family and younger sister. That's all.
    No matter how much world changes, we have to understand girls need protection and will always continue to. Boys are free and are given responsibility of home..
    Please don't misunderstand elders and accept their blessings.
    I feel people having 2 sons are unfortunate as they don't know the joy of a baby girl. Similarly I feel people having 2 daughters are also unfortunate, as they always long for a baby boy.

10. madhupriya24

madhupriya24 New IL'ite

Pragamtic , It is always true.Even I faced the same situation when I was carrying my second child.My first child is a girl child.And do you know one thing?My second baby is also a girl.Don't at all worry.Have a happy pregnancy and U never need to think if the society.You are carrying the child, U r going to give birth an U r going to look after her.Have a HEALTHY BABY.