1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

He Makes Us Cry. Why?

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 23, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Comment for this Blog here becomes the Finest Blog Winner of Feb 2010!

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

You are back with a bang.....

What a wonderful piece....I just cannot beleive that this is true....but honestly I have my doubts Sri whether the lord will come like this to us the COMMON MAN who is so unscrupulous. I would never claim of HER love but still do expect miracles..this is a human tendency though we strive hard not to move away from priniciples, like Maran I too feel why Good are always tested as he says She does not need to put us to a test to prove ourselves...She knows us in and out more than ourselves.

I remeber raising this point before too but somehow whatever the answer comes I am not convinced. Some vague doubts still linger....Like Maran I don't buy all the purva janmam or gold test crap. We are not so good like Subramanian, then who will come for our resuce Sridhar? Then is it not right to have our way with money?

Just my two cent...will come back after seeing your reply.

3. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sridharji, A very good blog. Food for thought. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]As said in the Bhagavad Gita , from the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all are places of misery where repeated birth and death take place. And even the best karma cannot free us from suffering. The material world reforms us and we are taught here through reward and punishment to acknowledge God’s supreme position. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]God does not make anybody cry but it is we ourselves who are responsible.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] He just wants us to go back to his abode never to return back to this dukhalayam.

Sridharji, I love all your blogs and anxiously wait for them.... Regards GP[/FONT]

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Great, Mr. Shridhar!!!!

I enjoyed reading the blog, especially Rumi's poem.

Thanks.

5. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

At the end of the story, I could only feel the lump in my throat.

Your way of narrating a story makes the reader so emotional.

Its so easy for you to make people cry, by just using a pen.

Coming to the message of the story, I agree with you. God tests his loved ones more than anyone. This reminds me of the mythological serial "Om Namah Shivay" - whenever God was questioned or challenged by anyone(example: Naradhar) about the love of God's devotees, God had no choice but to TEST his devotees. Only to prove to others the true love and trust of the devotees in God. Also at the same time, God would make sure his loved ones do not fail in life.

So, when problems come up, one must be happy. With every triumph over the problems, one gets closer to The Almighty.

So, it takes to be lucky to be tested by God.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

-Aruna

6. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir!!

That was a wonderful thought-provoking post!! I have been reading most of ur posts and am very happy about the opportunity!! Just a scribble of my thoughts!! To me, God is not testing and just helping to increase the maturity level of his people. He knows how much good or bad things his sons can bear and he give according to their level of maturity. To outsiders it may look like that good people are troubled again and again while bad people live happily. May be those good people have the maturity of treating the good and bad same!! For them an order of imprisonment or a win of lottery may be equal; they won't fell to the ground crying or jump to the sky!!Thatz why it is said that people who suicides or homicides are breaking the trust of God because he knows that those people can handle those bad situations more maturely than others, but they are acting against it . Regards, Janani

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Sridharji,
    Such a marvelous blog! I had a lump in my throat when the Collector announced it was he who went to the house as a fifth caste.I too had the same doubt as Maran and others here as of why God tests only the honest apeople and hardcore devotees.After getting many answers from different people I found an anser myself which is similar to what Jananirbk said.And moreover it takes us more closer to him. When ever I am in a distress I pray God to give me all the strength to face the situation, whatever the result is I think it happens for good(or is it being too optimistic?,I dont know)But thats how I love to believe.

8. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Finest Blog Winner - Feb 2010

This lucid comment for this blog takes the winning of Finest Blog Contest for Feb 2010.

Sir,

Nice blog.

I have to disagree with one line in your blog. Sorry about that. I personally think that this "gold tested by fire" is not a crappy idea.

When we face stressful times, the bad qualities that are usually not seen by us or by others seem to reveal themselves. For example: We have seen "refined people" use really filthy words when stuck in traffic isnt it? My real nature is "how I behave under stress."

Similarly how many times have we been shocked when we do bad things that are not natural to u. Havent we at times wondered, "Did I really do / say / think that?"

When our impurities are revealed to us, the self pride and self righteousness melts away and we are humbled.

God uses tests not because HE does not know our real nature.

But the test is to show us our impurities or to show us as an example of genuine faith to someone near us to encourage them.

When gold is tested by fire, impurities that are hidden rise to the top so that the goldsmith can skim it from the top.

I have heard that once the impurities are removed, the surface of gold (like a mirror) reflects the face of the goldsmith (without distortion) and that is when the goldsmith stops the refining process.

When our impurities are removed, we show God's presence by our walk. We improve and change everyday as we allow Him to purify us.

Tough times will make us humble enough to allow God to remove the impurities. Yes, HE cares about our comforts but HE cares more about our purity and holiness.

Just my 2 cents.

Good day.

9. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

Welcome back . I expected you are resuming your blogs on wednesdays and hence saw it only today. As always, a wonderful story well written .
    You have written that the hardships faced by Narayanan is only to help him advance in his spiritual journey. Though I agree that self realised people (like Narayanan) has the equanimity to accept both good and bad times equally in their strides, why is that they have to go through the path of humiliation or suffering to progress in spiritual journey. Is it that, by all this humiliation and insult, he will develop more vairagya towards material life? If that be the case, can a man grow spiritually only by suffering? Cant he develop detachment (or vairagya) through knowledge , expecially when he is devoid of purva janma vasanas and then advance in spiritual path?

Pl enlighten..

I particularly liked the comments of Jananirbk and epandian.

Radhi

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear epandian,

Sorry to reply to you before Sridhar could do that. But this has been a fine piece of revealation and needed immediate acknowledgment.

My Hats of to you for bringing this here. You have defintely shown me more light and to think more clearly. Maybe this is the hidden truth..your analogy appealed to me so much that i felt i was shaken from my deep slumber. To be honest, may be my arrogance and reasoning had stopped me from thinking more on these lines but you have defintely given me an answer to my confusion.

I :bowdown to you.