1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Padma Bhushan for every housewife

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by greenplanet, Jan 27, 2010.

1. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

The Wife was not happy this morning as she read the newspaper.”I don’t understand as to why the Aamirs Khans of the world deserve Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri awards” She said.

“Obviously for their contribution to the field of art” I replied. “Isn’t Aamir khan one of our best actors”.

“ But he doesn’t do as big a performance as I do in this house, and that too daily. He does only single role in films, here I do three three roles…one as a wife, one as a mother and one as a daughter in law to your ever grumbling mother. I definitely don’t deserve anything less than a Padma Shri just for that” she said.

“Don’t bring my mother into this “ I countered.

“Ok …tell me why is Rasool Pookutty given an award …isn’t this because he got an Oscar for a film for which his contribution anyway didn’t call for one.”

“ And what more , a bunch of retired music directors who get recognized so late in their life as though the award committee were just fitting in names to fill the list.” She continued.

“Don’t start a controversy now “ I said, “ these are people who bring out the best Indian music in the industry”

“They only launch good music …but here I have been facing all the music trying to fulfill the never ending needs of all of you. You are about to retire, but still act as a kid , your mother only knows how to pick up a fight and your son is always in his own world planning to be another Michael Jackson “

“ The Padma shri award committee should note this,” I said, “ why don’t you write to them?.”

“ I will “ she answered.

Seeing her silent I added “ Well the government is showing its appreciation and recognizing the contribution of these great people. Look at Mallika Sarabhai ..What a brilliant dancer “.

The wife jumped at this “ But I don’t think anybody dances better than an Indian housewife. . Here I have been dancing to your mothers tune since the time we were married and nobody is noticing that. You and our son want me to be at your beck and call hundreds of times in a day. The amount of dancing I have done so far should earn me an Oscar.”

“Well then instead of writing to the Indian government why don’t you write to the Oscar award team . For all you know, they may consider “ I said, as she finished reading the newspaper and walked away to the kitchen.

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [​IMG]:wave:
    [/FONT]

2. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Hai Greenplanet! Could not avoid laughing. You have a very nice way of putting things in ur blog!! Of course, diversified roles played by a housewife deserves more than a padma bushan, but still we are satisfied with our spouse telling, "Take some rest, it has been a long day for u, will complete the remaining work myself" :)

3. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hi Janani, You said it right. This blog was meant to be a tongue in cheek humour ...intended to be taken that way.
    Thanks for reading GP

4. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

that was nice piece of reading. thanks for sharing

6. vijayanagrani

vijayanagrani New IL'ite

Dear Greenplanet,
    The same thing clicked in my mind to yaar. Your writing is so humorous,easy,smooth, free flowing,
    and relaxing that I cant stop laughing.I am sure you will get that award from each and every member reading your article.
    thanks keep writing.

VIJAYA NAGRANI
    28/1/2010

7. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear greenplanet
    Very well written, couldn't stop laughing.Its true women always want to be recognised,acknowledged.The thing is that we will do anything for our loved ones if we are given our award quota properly
    Thanks for sharing

8. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Green,
    Why don't you add one more role, a wife, a mother, a DIL and a working maid(hahaha) I mean we pay maids at home, but wivies these days work get some money home and over and above do all houshold cores without assitance....

nice one dear.

Love,
    Kavitha.

9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Green,

Couldn't help but smile... such a humorous blog.

Yes, women do play different roles and are excellent jugglers of work. they do deserve some recognition... if not padmasri, at least a pat on the back or better still a backrub...

10. bijaya

bijaya New IL'ite

This was simply fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing.
    Regards
    Bindu