1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

lipstick shades for indians in US

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by shravanthika, Jun 26, 2007.

1. parentvael's

parentvael's New IL'ite

Re: lipstick shades for indians in US and Foundation

hi Thyla,

SO many to choose from. Do you have dry or oily skin? i see you are in rochester. so you have seasonal factors too.
    WHEn i was in Manhattan, I had to use 4 different types/shades of foundation.

Concealer is like foundation but is usually heavier. You spot it on and blend into skin(use esp if you have spots or dark areas like burns from tweezing etc).
    Liek with foundation, you can first apply a moisturizer then foundation/concealer.
    Best effect is to use a loose powder with a brush to get a good finish.
    Nowadays also ther are longer lasting powders, btu if you are liek me, you want to wash your face often, this is neither cost effective nor does it make sense.

If you don't have spots you can also just use Loreal powder creme..marvelous finish!

Foundations/concealers are also used on lips eyes for base so that lipstick lasts longer too.

Hope I helped. I liek Estee LAuder but it is a bit more expensive. In my teen yeaers I used cover girl, mabelline etc.

2. jigyasa

jigyasa New IL'ite

My favorite shade is Blackberry by Revlon. I think I got it at Sephora. You can get it from Macy's etc. too. It goes well with my Indian skin tone as my skin complexion is not fair.