1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of feeling is this????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sharma_shilpa, Dec 7, 2009.

1. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

I would like to apologize in advance for my English and grammatical mistake. I never wrote any blog, but today felt like sharing my feeling with you Ilites. Please forgive me for my writing style as well.

Last Saturday my door bell ranged, I opened the door and saw a courier boy, he handed over a small packet to me. Moment I held that packet my heart felt very heavy. I closed the door came inside and sat on the sofa my mind was blank for few seconds…. I stared at the packet in my hand and put it on the side table as I couldn’t bear its weight. I couldn’t control myself and tears started rolling out. I started visualizing last one year of my life….

I saw myself standing at the arrival of Sokarno Hatta Airport at Jakarta, waiting for my DH and MIL to come. My DH went to India to bring my MIL to help us during my pregnancy. I saw them coming out I waved my hand in excitement, moment they came out I literally ran and hugged my MIL, for a moment I forgot that my DH also standing in the queue with a big smile, I smiled back and three of us headed toward our house……

…… then I saw my MIL, DH and I sitting in our bedroom and chatting non stop on all the possible topics on the earth until 1:00-2:00 am, laughing, discussing about baby, making the shopping list, arguing what is important and what is not….

….. I then saw myself pleading with my MIL to join us for our weekly trip to mall to do the grocery shopping and she is making many excuses to avoid so that me and my husband can spend some time together, we both (me and my DH) understand why she doesn’t want to join us and then me pretending to get angry, making a big face, and then she coming to me, cajoling me like my own mother…..

…… I saw myself in the labor-pain, it was night time, my MIL suddenly get up and made Suji Halwa and parantha for me to eat, I am not in a mood to eat anything but she is feeding with her own hands, insisting me to eat a little as later I’ll not get anything to eat until I deliver and might feel hungry….

….. I saw three of us (MIL, DH and I) at home with my baby, I had C section, not in a very good condition, she took charge of everything, sleeping with me, changing baby’s nappy, cooking different dishes for me, different for my DH, doesn’t allow me to step out of my room, washing my hairs, feeding me, taking my used utensils to kitchen to clean, scolding me if I am not eating properly, if not drinking milk twice a day ….

AND NOW THIS….I again looked at the packet and opened it with heavy heart, checked the dates… YES…. it’s 10th Dec…. She is finally going back, after spending one full year with us. I really don’t know what to feel and how to react… She has a big family in India to take care and I know she misses all of them, I know sometimes she felt very lonely here when me and DH were at work, but she never complaint, never let us feel that how difficult it was for her to spend whole day alone… I always saw her smiling…. She is God’s blessing to us, a woman with a golden heart…. I don’t have enough words to describe what she means to me… I never missed my Mom in her presence.

I don’t want her to go back, but I can’t be selfish. God please give me strength so I can wave her with a smile on my face and not tears in my eyes….

I will really miss you MAA….

2. chithradhamo

chithradhamo New IL'ite

dear shilpa yes i can understand your fellings. first thank god for a lovely caring MIL.You are lucky .

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Wow!! I have nothing else to say but you are really lucky and the blog is too sweet:)

4. arku74

arku74 New IL'ite

hi shilpa
    let me first congratulate u on a beautifully written blog.u have just been able to mirror not only ur feelings but the feelings of many more ladies like urself who are staying away from our homelands.and also
    this is the plight of many of us as new mothers.the anxiety of being a new mom, being in a new land,away from ur family......it wld be worse if u have never stayed away from ur home in the past. although the pinings of wanting to be near ur family will always be there with u, the silver lining is ur newborn. u'll definitely start to feel better very soon.
    keep writing.

5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Welcome to IL Blogs Shilpa and you have started with a very sweet and straight from the heart blog. Keep writing.

6. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

wow shilpa
    really you are a lucky person to get mom like mil. it is really a boon to you.dont worry you will be ok soon.

7. sharma_shilpa

sharma_shilpa New IL'ite

Dear chithradhamo, thank you so much for being the first one to give fb. Yes, I am very lucky indeed she is such a nice human being, if you meet her u also cant resist loving her… :).

Thank you Ami, when I wrote this blog I was wondering if I get even a single FB, but you ILites are so sweet to say such nice word to my imature writing. Thank you.

Dear aruku74, thank you for you fb, I am the one who never stayed away from my parents. For the first time I came to a different land after my marriage. I too hope that I'll come out of this feeling soon, if not for me for my LO.

Dear knot2share, I am so excited to receive an fb from you, I always admire your writing and never miss a chance to read it. Thank you for reading my blog

Thank you aishuanand for your fb, yes, me too hope I'll get over it soon. Thank you :)

8. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

Shilpa,

Very emotional and beautiful:thumbsup,yoave done a great job and lucky to have such mil as well.
    God Bless

9. dipti255503

dipti255503 New IL'ite

Hi, very nice blog. Keep writing. U r so lucky to have a mil like her. If i hadn't read ur blog it would hv been hard to believe that there is mil like urs in da world.

10. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

hi - a very cute blog. pure mutual love and affection between MIL and DIL is reflected. U are lucky to have MIL who did not make u feel ur mother's absence. Generally daughters after delivery would love to have their mothers only nearby. Your feelings were exceptional.

Be happy and you are sure to be blessed by both ur MIL and God for the love and affection u have for her.