1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Youngest Headmaster ever..must read..an inspiration to all..!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by achutty, Oct 12, 2009.

1. achutty

achutty New IL'ite

:ideaI was puzzled and more of tears rolled over my cheeks as I was watching the below news on BBC this afternoon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/8299065.stm

At 16 years old, Babar Ali must be the youngest headmaster in the world. He's a teenager who is in charge of teaching hundreds of students in his family's backyard, where he runs classes for poor children from his village.
    The story of this young man from Murshidabad in West Bengal is a remarkable tale of the desire to learn amid the direst poverty..BBC News

It makes anyone watching this video think twice before we complaint of anything we dont get, nor feel satisfied with.

I at this moment of time silently thank god for wonder parents, the home, friends, family and necessities I have been provided. :hide:

If which ever member reading this forward wishes to help:hiya or contribute in anyways towards this humble, great human, young man with the most courage I have ever met, do come forward and get in touch with myself , I shall find out from local sources and let you guys know. No one has asked to contribute anything nor this man himself, its me out of my own interest wish to atleast come forward after seeing his courage of life and spreading education.

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Thank you very much for sharing this Achutty. It started off with Babar sharing what he learnt at school with his friends, daily. Then found more and more kids showing interest and now a school of sorts with 800 kids learning !! WOW, that is truely amazing. What an example Babar has set! Lovely to see other friends his age, voluteering to teach the kids as well.

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

That was a fantastic link. Just could not take off my eyes and indeed I was quite emotional too.

The small schoold with 800 kids amazing... Babar has set a lovely example if only all our educated masses follow!

4. asma747

asma747 Senior IL'ite

Superb the kid is doing excellent job, teaching 800 kids is not that easy. May God bless him with good education and health.
    We should all follow the example the boy has set in front of us.

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Very inspirational,
    feel ashamed of myself , May God bless him and he is definitely God chosen boy.
    Jaya

6. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

hi,

as some of the above person said, i also felt ashamed. Inspite of all facilities, now so many students are lack of knowledge and helpingness.

after joining in IndusLadies, i came to know lot of inspirational news.

7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

The guy is really amazing and a role model.May god bless him and give him enough strength to carry forward his goodwill.

8. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Achutty
    thanks for that link. "Vidya dhanam is the greatest danam" and Babar Ali's service there no parallels. There is a lot for to learn from this youngster

9. Ramani160174

Ramani160174 New IL'ite

Hi achutty,

Do you remember me? we were in touch few years back. After that I moved to india and now am back in langley. I think you are in langley as well. Do email me your details, we can meet up? ramanilingam@googlemail.com

Lookforward to speaking to you,

Cheers,
    Ramani