1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

do you still have it with you?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prijan, Sep 9, 2009.

1. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

everyone of us will have a few things that we would treasure.we would carry with us and keep it safe even if move from one city to another.these small "treasures"may not be very valuble in terms of money but worth crores for us.those"small treasures" will provide motivation :cheersto us,bring in lots of happiness,instant smile in our lips, inspiration to work more. i store such small treasures in my almirah and would never allow anybody to go near it .they may be small but matters to me a lot.for eg.my daughters little socks bought when she was one year old. a small red cloth kept on the feet of my "kula deivam" :bowdown:)and specially given to me when i got married and left my home place.it is as if my GOD is with me.it is priceless treasure.an autograph signed by my school friend in a greeting card with the lines in tamil,"aayirathil oruthiyana en iniya thozhikku".i dont know where my childhood friend is.but i cherish the letter and memories. the first greeting card from my husband,the long letter written by my husband to my daughter,after she is born.i love every word of it though she was too young to understand what it is.the list is endless...these small things are my treasures.not the gold and diamonds...friends....do yu have such interesting things which you would treasure and cherish?:)

2. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

I too used to look at my autograph book and albums whenever I think about my friends.

3. hira

hira Senior IL'ite

Chitra mami

Whatever u say is 100% right.
    It is really very nice. Even i do that

love
    Hira

4. Rajidipti

Rajidipti New IL'ite

Hi!!

My Daughter is 5yrs old now. The most precious thing iam keeping it with me is the the Spongy towel in which i took her in the Hospital first time(yello clour) after that everything of her's is my treasure. Right from her 10th day Punyaganam's dress till today is safely and neatly treasurerd.... I wish to keep it for my life time....
    My mother in law showed me a Uniform (LKG) of her daughters and she felt very happy on it.(neatly maintained.....

Memories are cherishable

5. Rajidipti

Rajidipti New IL'ite

:)Hi!!

My Daughter is 5yrs old now. The most precious thing iam keeping it with me is the the Spongy towel in which i took her in the Hospital first time(yello clour) after that everything of her's is my treasure. Right from her 10th day Punyaganam's dress till today is safely and neatly treasurerd.... I wish to keep it for my life time....
    My mother in law showed me a Uniform (LKG) of her daughters and she felt very happy on it.(neatly maintained.....

Memories are cherishable

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I treasure the letters penned to me, since I kept moving around due to work I have kept those
    at my native place:) Whenever I go there I take a look at them.

7. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Like Ami I have also kept all the cards , letters ,autographs of my school and college days in my native place.whenever I open them I still have the same feeling and love and also remember those times,cherish memories of those days....

8. anuani2202

anuani2202 New IL'ite

hi.
    i am not alone then.hehehe. i have a truck load .. and my DH calls its a junk box. i have kept my long cherished memories in it from 7th std, to name a few, my first rakhi gift , bits of paper with love notes to leaf given as gifts... u know when ever i remember any of my friends ..then i open this box.. then i feel them close to me..

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

All my stuff that i cherished before marriage i left it at my parents house....

few things that i have cherished or i should say i will cherish for ever saving them and keeping them safe...are

bangles that my husband bought for me in tirupathi the first trip we have taken after wedding

the first flight ticket to US (after our wedding)

greeting card that he gave me when i got my first job in US

(and there are other things like first watch, first perfume etc...)

its really a lovely feeling...wehnever i look at these i feel as if i am in those years where full of love just unconditional love...no fights no responsibilities thought of....its such a wonderful feeling..

thank you for starting this blog

10. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

I treasure the letters from my father and friends. The most valuable treasure I store is black and white fotos of starting from my gr8 grandparents to my own and ofcourse my husband's childhood fotos.
    I cherish the platform ticket of railway station where i met my DH first time and it continues with the bus tickets, movie tickets, our vacation trip vouchers, his gifts and what not till date..........