1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Follow the call of your heart

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by deep2008, May 12, 2009.

1. deep2008

deep2008 New IL'ite

Mother-Is n't this word the most soothing word of our vocabulary.Does n't it evoke most sweet memories of those bygone days when u swung in the cradle of innocent,carefree childhood.I have turned the ripe age of 49 just last month,but still now when my mum addresses me as 'Renu beta' on phone, this very address coated in the sugar of immense love and concern soothes every cell of my living existence and takes me once again to longlost lanes of childhood when I was blessed with her company all the 24 hours.
    She is the driving force in my life along with my father who always used to tell me ,'Beta, be somebody with an independent identity of your own.Be somebody worthy in your life and achieve some goal in your life . here i wud like to disclose her views of which i am really proud and which have been instrumental in making me a person with an independent identity of my own. I wud like to share it with all of u. her most favourite advice to all 4 daughters of hers is : " DO SOMETHING REMARKABLE , OUT OF THE WAY IN YOUR LIFE WHICH LEAVES YOUR IMPRINT IN THE PASSAGE OF TIME" if you are capable of doing some creative work, utilise`some of your time in that, hone your skills and achieve some target in life. This will give you great mental satisfaction and you will be a happier human being with a meaningful life. Dont while away your time in just routine household work. If you have any creative skill which is lying dormant in you, give it a chance to grow and thrive well. Household work is no excuse for not utilising your time effec`tively in some creative work..
    In keeping tune with her useful advice , let me add a few words here. Follow the call of ur heart, explore ur passion for ny activity and make your best efforts in that field with perseverance. There are so many activities which you can do in accordance with your qualification and aptitude for the same, like you can do coaching at home, write poems , stories, articles etc. , you can start the business of jam , jelly, pickle , suace etc. , you can work on internet in different capacities, you can do proofreading, data entry, transalation work at home , you can open a boutique, a beauty parlour, a creche , you can cater to the needs of different things like imitation jewellery, cosmetics etc. of people of your colony. you can act as direct distributor of prestigious companies , you can teach dancing, dramatics, painting, singing etc. or get trained in any stream by joining some correspondence course. If your pocket allows, hire a part time or a full time servant so that you r able to spare some time to some extra activity. If you cant afford a helping hand distribute the household responsibilities among other members of the household and devote somw time to these activities you are passionate about. and one day you will surely get its rewarding resultwhich will give you immense`satisfaction of achieving something great, something incredible in ur life,.
    Dont just lose urself in the maze of unending household chores and responsibilities. Spare some time for urself, multiply ur happiness tenfold and bask in d sunshine of ur achievements.
    Hats off to my mother who gave us daughters this useful mantra as a result of which i have watered the plant of my creativity and today it is thriving well and has produced its fruits in the form of about 45 stories in Hindi to my credit along with leading a hectic life of a working school teacher as well as teaching English at home..

2. pshirisha

pshirisha New IL'ite

Good post..
    why dont u share that hindi stories with us...
    will also read and enjoy....

3. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear deeps,

Today women are still in the better position as compared to the generation of our mothers and grandmothers.. Women today are following their hearts and no doubt men are encouraging them too... A reminder post for all of us..

Share your stories dear with us also..

Nice post..

4. deep2008

deep2008 New IL'ite

Dear Pshirisha and Deepali
    Thanks for ur encouraging comments.Sorry to say can't sharemy published stories with uall as they hve already been published in magazines like Sarita,Mukta,Grihashobha etc.If u happen to come across any stories in them by Renu Deep,kindly go through them,they r mine.
    love.
    deep2008

5. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear deep,

I must congratulate you for your talent that has been recognised and I am glad to have one more professional writer in the forum..

Keep up the good work dear..

6. priya_mary

priya_mary Senior IL'ite

well written...nice blog

7. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

"Follow the call of ur heart, explore ur passion for ny activity and make your best efforts in that field with perseverance."

Wonderful Words! Well Told! Enjoyed reading immensely! Thanks!

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

deep

very nice of you to share this...and yes my mom too said few such things in similar words..most of all the imp thing which she always told me was to always do something that is useful and makes you feel more valuable , dont sit idle or cry for something that you dont have..make it happen..dont just dream it...

9. deep2008

deep2008 New IL'ite

Dear Archana & Srividya
    Thanks for ur encouraging comments,kindly do keep in touch in future also.
    Deep2008