1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am sorry MOM

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by pshirisha, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Shri,

What a nice write up on mother. We all miss our moms. Very true, that we spend our time with collegues, friends, neighbours, etc...... very often and when it comes to calling our parents - we are busy. I totally agree with you.

And I would like to apologize as well. MOM's are like basement of our lifes. May god bless all the moms.

2. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shirisha,
    It is true that we take our parents for granted. I have been doing the same only & when she complains that i call up only when i want something,that gets me upset and mad.What to do?We have enough tensions as it is...........This is a real eye-opener.Thanks to u.

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shirisha,
    It is true that we take our parents for granted. I have been doing the same only & when she complains that i call up only when i want something,that gets me upset and mad.What to do?We have enough tensions as it is...........This is a real eye-opener.Thanks to u.

4. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Shirisha,

Deeply touched to read your blog.
    One, as a daughter, i loved my mother very much (we all do, don't we?) and made sure i was always there for her as she was for me, we shared a lot of spiritual moments together in the latter part of her life, for which i am very grateful to the Almighty One...
    Two, as a mother (and a grandmother of a two-year old), i am able to comprehend and experience what my mother felt and went through as she brought us up (me and my 2 siblings)... I must add here that children (whatever be their age) have their own preoccupations and lifestyles, as mothers, we have to understand and give them their space... but i am digressing here,

so let me say once again that i loved every word of your post...

LnBBHs,
    Padma

5. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

A touching piece of writing... nice blog.
    Not saying much, coz if I do there will be no stopping:hide:

6. gaayaam

gaayaam New IL'ite

I think we all should read the wooden plate story again.

7. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

this makes my eyes wet..this reminds me of how bad i've been..i have called my mom so often when i am in some trouble or depressed. But when am happy, i dont call to share my happiness? y ?? maybe bcos i've taken my mom for granted.. o God! Pls give me strength to face myself.. Forgive me mom!

8. pshirisha

pshirisha New IL'ite

Thanks everyone for your comment...
    i am very happy to see so many comments for my blog...

9. pushiv

pushiv New IL'ite

hi....Shirisha and all those who have commented on this article,
    great to know all of you have such wonderful mothers.i dont.no......she is very much alive but had handed me over to my aunt when i was a month old.it has been a love hate relationship since then.but thanks to God, this aunt who happens to be my stepmother is a lovely person who loves me like her own daughter.i wonder why nobody writes about step moms!!

10. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shirisha

What a real feeling!!! Am not sure about others. But I have made a very great mistake of not bothering about my Mother. Not gained my parents a good name. Making them suffer at this age of early 60s. Am not too sure if GOD will forgive me for my acts........