1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Dear - My little daughter

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swathi14, Mar 16, 2009.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear Andal,

Its a very beautiful feeling of raising a toddler!This is a very different write up from you and contrast to your handbag blog!

Iam still waiting to experience all your feelings!

God's approval is pending! :idontgetit:

Keep going! :thumbsup

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Andal,

A sweet blog asusual.

It tugged my heart strings and my stomach went for a twitch...Though I was a stay home mom at that time...but today when I go to work when kids are sick I feel totally guilty ....

Lovely one dear...I too wiped my tears.

3. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Swathi,
    You have depicted a working women' cry and agongy when going to work leaving the kids behind.
    Somehow there is no answer for this
    Lovely
    jaya

4. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Wow Andal,

Had u flipped thru my window last morning! this is the everyday story at my home .....my daughter cries every morning and i hardly push her back .....and wipe the tears....soemtimes feel that money is not doing enough to us....... Keep writing !!

5. jaijui0

jaijui0 Senior IL'ite

swathi,
    a very touching blog brought out all the emotions of a working mother and the tug att her heart strings at having to leave her toddler behind :)
    enjoyed
    jaijui

6. sumykm

sumykm New IL'ite

We, working mothers, face this pain more often than not. Hopefully our dear children would be able to understand one day. My umma to your bajju.
    Nice writeup. Really touching.
    Sumy Sunil

7. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Andal,
    Such an emotional piece of writing and so true.very working woman goes through this pain.

You have narrated it so beautifully,carrying the little one in your womb,dreaming abou her,holding the sweet bundle in your arms and every feature of hers delights you.She grows up and you have to be parted from her from moning till evening when you come back home.

I always thoughts ,these working places ought to have creche facility,it should be a must,the young mothers cn go and see their kids ever few hours.How wonderful it would be.
    Your daughter will grow up into a fin young lady and will sure understand the sacrifices you made to make life better for her,she would grow up to be a multi tasker.
    lots of love
    mithila kannan

8. prishen

prishen Bronze IL'ite

Dear Andal.
    I am reading this from my office and just the post looks what happened in our home this morning. Your post is bringing out the emotions of all working women. I am silently crying on my desk and waiting to go home early in the evening to see my daughter.

Regards
    Priya

9. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dear Andal,

I have no words to express what I feel now. I'm going through this for past 5 yrs. I just did the same thing that you did in the corner of your street, when I first dropped my little angel to a daycare when she was just 3 1/2 months old. It has never ended now. I wish I'll get a day where I can spend just with her all-day with no other things to worry about.

-Uma

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Andal,

I have experienced this for a few months. After that I said, I am happy with being in a single income family come what may, I don't want this for my children.

There were very tight situations where another income would have been a welcome, but it was a strong decision to stay that way, and i have not regretted it.

i know there are lot of mother's who would definitely like to take that decision.

good emotional wringer...