1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An open letter from a mother to her newly married daughter.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Mar 3, 2009.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear cutepavi,
    Thank you my dear friend for your affection filled words.Iam fortunate to have young friends like you who give me th affection that only daughters can give their mothrs.

Yes,I kept talking to my daughters,we were good friends.Today they are running their homes with little kids of their own and their in laws.It is definitely a plasure to watch them run their homes very well.

Thanks a million pavi,you ae not alone we are all with you.
    love
    mithila kannan

2. mithila kannan

My dear mangai,I got goosebumps on reading your letter.Whn yu can show so much love and affection for a person whom you have not seen,you have read article of mine thats all,what a wonderful affectionate person you are.I bless you my child from the bottom of my heart.

Your mother must have had her own anxiety.In her anxiety that you should be ok and that you should get maried and setled well,she might have done things which hurt you,but take it from me ,her intention would not have been to hurt you.She must be very happy today taht you are well settled and that you have awonderful MIL. Please do foget the past.Mothers affection is very unique,you can't get it from anyone else.

Iam happy to hear yu say that you have a wonderful MIL.Very rarely do we get to see such understanding MILs and such good DILs

3. mithila kannan

Dear mangai,my connection got cut.Iam continuing.
    It takes atleast a couple of yars for the in laws to undrstand their DIL and the DIL to understand her in laws.So the best thing for the girl is to be patient,try and undrstand her in laws ,try and learn the ways of life in the in laws' house.Same holds good for the man and the woman also when they are newly married.One should give time for better understanding to happen between the two.So your MIL was absolutely right.You are lucky to have a great soul like her as your MIL.
    My dear mangai your love and affection ovewhelms me.I can't simply say,thank you.I bless you my dear from the bottom of my heart As you hav rightly said,please consider me as yor wn mother.

Hearty welcom to IL,have a great time.
    love
    mithila

4. kolli143

kolli143 Senior IL'ite

Wow its like reading my mom's letter. Thank you for bringing back so many sweet memories. I wish your daughter all the best and I am sure she must have grown to be a lovable young lady being raised by a mom like you.
    Very touching. Keep them coming.
    Cheers.

5. mithila kannan

My dear kolli143,
    Thank you dear for your very kind words of appreciation.My daughters are running their own homes now and they have switched roles with me.They have become my mothers and I their petted and pampered kid.

Lots of love my dear.
    mithila kannan

6. Srividhya Ramadurai

Srividhya Ramadurai New IL'ite

Dear Mithila mami,

I have no words to comment on this letter. It's like you telling all the girls out there be they married for many years or newly married on how to adjust themselves to their in laws.
    If each and every mother gives such reasonable advice to their girls, i am sure their will be lesser of misunderstanding among in laws, fights with partners etc.

A very thoughtful article,mami. Hope your article transforms many lives.

Regards,

Vidhya.

7. mithila kannan

My dear srividya,
    Such words of appreciation from ladies like you only give me the enthusiasm to sit and type away.To get up in the early mornings,finish my chores so that I get adequate time to type or to sit late at night is very pleasurable because I know that friends like you are out there to give me kind words.Thank you.

Dear vidya,when I got married my mother did not give much advice.She told me,"Bring good name to your mother's house.If you experience any unsavoury experiences,don't tell even your brother or sister about that because,your position will change,better days will come ,but what you told them about your in laws will remain.You yourself will regret it."
    I followed it.And today I have no egrets about blindly following my mother's advice.

As you have said,if this post will be of any help to some young ladies ,I will consider myself blessed.

Thank you once again.love
    mithila kannan

8. ANNA44

ANNA44 Senior IL'ite

Thank you for such a wondeful post...make me cry

9. suma21

suma21 New IL'ite

Dear Mithila mam,

I am speechless...i have no words to comment ..tears are rolling down. you reminded me of my mom & grand mom's advice when i got married.I have saved to share it with my daughter when she gets married....she is just 4 years now...Its perfect advice beautifully articulated.........

Warm Regards,

Suma

10. mithila kannan

My dar suma,
    Thank you dear.You are sending me to sleep with a big smile on my face.My grand daughters are also four years old.
    My dear child,if this post will be of any guidance to the young girls I will feel very happy.
    love
    mithila kannan