Hello October 2008 Mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Vnbaby, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Sri!!

Its good to see that October mommy club is now quite alive Computer Typing. But where is Smoothie and Chittidallas. How you doing friends??

I tried everything but my baby is totally like its father, just so impatient. My husband says that I feel moves because baby is moving inside me but they are not that strong that one can feel them outside also :idontgetit:. But even if I dont feel them with my hand I can see my belly kinda shaking when it moves. But the problem is it just dont move when my husband wants to feel the moves and now my husband he dont believe me when I ask him to feel its moves. So its kinda making me crazy :crazy.

Hey Sri, I think we are about to complete our 27th week. You will complete on friday and I will on saturday. So our third trimester has began. Oh my God!! You know I am kinda scared now. I dont know how am I going to handle this delivery :hide:. These days sometimes I feel like my tummy muscles are stretching like anything and I just cant do anything about it, cant even put some pain relieving gel like moov to relieve them. Are you also feeling these kinda pains? I dont know how am I going to carry my baby till the last month. Well now nothing is in our hands we have to complete the nature's course. So we just can pray to God :bowdownthat please give us all enough strength.

Take care
    V n baby

2. smoothie

smoothie Junior IL'ite

Hi Vn how are you? Good that you are staying here for delivery? Is anyone coming from India to help you? As for the tummy aches I am having them too. My doc said to give her a call if I get them more than 4 times per day :shock: so I think it is normal and we can't do anything unless some stretching exercises. I am so busy these days trying to get my mom a visa appointment in her language and checking reviews for car seat, crib etc. It is so frustrating. Finally I bought graco travel system and looking to buy clothes now. I have no idea what to buy. I'm defintely getting some sleepwear. Can anyone tell me if I can buy onesis(bodysuit), gowns etc or should I just stick with sleepwear since it will be cold in Oct and coming months? Any help will be appreciated :bowdown. Take care everyone.

3. vijjianand

vijjianand Junior IL'ite

Thanks V.N.Baby for your concern. Actually, what you say is not practical in my case. If I say I can't do something, hubby would say pack your things and get lost to you parents place. I can go to my parent's place, it is not a great deal 'coz my parents are well off. But after all , they too want to see me live with my husband like everyone else. I just dream if there is another life, I will want to live the way I want. I got pregnant recently, but got it aborted after a long thinking. I don't want to bring myself more trouble with a selfish husband, who closes the door of his room when the child cries as it is disturbing to him. The child just remains with me in the kitchen while I'm cooking. How is it possible to handle two. But in heart of hearts , i LOVE ANOTHER CHILD.

4. lucullan

lucullan New IL'ite

Hi ladies!

I am new here. My EDD is October 25th and I will deliver this baby in Hyderabad. I already have one daughter (6yrs old) and now we are expecting a son. I delivered my first in Bangalore but when she was 9 months old we moved to Europe. End of August, when i will be around 31 weeks pregnant we will be moving to Hyderabad.

I am a bit anxious cos i still have to find a hospital i will deliver at, and the doctor of course that too in Hyderabad which will be a totally new city for me :hide:.

I hope i can join you guys still although a bit late in pregnancy.

Is there any pregnant lady in the group that actually lives in Hyderabad?

Ok, that's it for now!

Regards,
    Urska

5. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Lucullan!!

Congratulations for your second pregnancy. We are glad to have a new member in our October mommies club Bow, It doesnt matter at all whether you join in first month or in 7th what matters is that we share our experiences, concerns etc. here and try to help and soothe each other.

Dont worry you will find a good doctor and a hospital in Hyderabad soon, and the best thing is you already have experience of delivering your first child in our own country at least you know the medical procedures and system :coffee. I am kinda in same situation as you are in. I came to US 1 year back and when I conceived I just didnt know what to do how to find a good doctor. I found one after a great search though she is not very good but when I read other ILs posts about their doctors in US, that they dont even see them(doctors assistants do), they dont answer their questions etc. then I realised though my doctor is not so good but at least she see me during my visits and answer whatever I ask her(though her answers never satisfies :hide: me completely). I yet to find a hospital and again I dont know Witsend the process that what is needed to be done. I just know that God is always there to help and support me. So have faith in God he will solve your all problems :bowdown. Try asking you husbands colleagues who are already staying in Hyderabad or your relatives. Its our own country dear friend, you wont be having any problem, so just dont worry and enjoy your pregnancy.

You know you are experienced than all of us are. We all here are pregnant for the first time and obviously still learning things and getting experienceComputer Typing. So now we have a person who is experienced and we can ask you if we have some problem or doubt. So once again welcome in club :welcome.

Take care
    V n baby

6. lucullan

lucullan New IL'ite

Thank you for a warm welcome Vnbaby! Bow

Well i think having a second baby is almost trickier :) then the first. Cos by now i have my own ideas of how i want to do it. First time you are like a "scared chicken" Big Laughand just follow the instructions and everything is fine. But now i know what i didn't like with my first labour and want to improve things in the second one so to speak :)

One think i would like to avoid is episiotomy (the cut). But it seems the episiotomy rate in India is 95% - so i am concerned if i wil be able to find someone who will try hard to help me deliver without episiotomy.

Second thing - my first labor was induced and when analysing things back it was induced just because they were affraid my baby is too big...lol. well it wasn't. She was a totally normal baby of 4 kgs :) The ultra sound guy obviously didn't have a very occurate machine and predicted that my baby is over 5 kgs! Big Laugh

Third thing. I want to move freely when in labour. If i feel like laying down i will but if i feel like walking then i want to walk...or squating or doing whatever i will feel it helps :) for that reason of course you shouldn't not be plugged to the bottle (those artifical contractions i think called oksitocin (dunno english spelling)) and they shouldn't monitor your baby's herat beat all the time.

I really recomend a book by Ina May Gaskin titelled "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth". It's really empowering and shows just how well designed our bodies were for a natural delivery :) A must read for all pregnant ladies. I wish i came across it before I had my first. I have lent my copy to so many friends who all loved it!

Anyway...my next check up is on 30th this month. I am 26w 4d today...soon i will hit the 28 weeks mark when they say babies have a great chance of survival without trouble in case of premature labour. Not that i count for one because in the last check up my doc meassured my cervix lenght and it was amazing 6 cm - that's a lot :) average is around 3 to 4 cm :)

That's it for now. Hope to hear about how the rest of you guys are doing!!!

7. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hello Friends,
    I am sorry , its been a very very long time that i did not browse indusladies not able to participate here....
    Vnbaby, yes i know its a while that i am inactive.... now i am back again.
    I am doing fine.
    actually, in my sugar test, the results came little higher. so then i needed to attend for that 3 Hr test with fasting.... this test results came normal...now i am happy little bit.
    and also i was looking for my parents visa appointment dates...
    so i was little bit busy nd also tensed with all these during these days.... but now i am very fine.
    what about everyone else here, how r u all doing here?

Thanks,Chitti.

8. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hello Dreamscometrue,
    Congratulations on your preg.... so u r also having baby girl... I am also going to be mother of a Baby Girl ....
    Its really fun that most of us here having baby girl's... let's wait nd see how abt others ...
    R u started thinking of baby names....?

Thanks,
    Chitti.

9. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Hello VijjiAnand and Lucullan,

Vijjianand, I have read your thread. Do not worry, everything will be alright. even though i do not know complete situation of yours, i guess that it might be little better for you to take some break from your husband and live for some days/weeks with your parents and get refreshed yourself and then come back to your husband and u might see any little change in his behaviour or something of the sort....
    Is he really the same since the begining (or) is it something he changed in the middle or anything? bcoz sometimes v may not know ....right....

Lucullan, first of all congratulations.... do not worry and do not take much stress... everything will be set right... because delivery, everytime it may not be the same experience that you had with ur first labor.... so be cool and happy....

thanks,
    Chitti.

10. lucullan

lucullan New IL'ite

Hi again ladies!

Nice to see the board being active :)

I am expecting a boy this time. my first one was a daughter, we named her Anoushka. We were of course already thinking of the names for the new baby boy and right now we think he might be named Abhay :) What do you think?

chittidallas, thatnks for your encouraging words :) I am an optimist by heart, so i don't expect any problems and i will go with the flow.