1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Knife set

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

AC dearie,

You blog so well about things which we all can relate to and have a lot of feedback..well feedback has some negative connotation let me make it participation:thumbsup.

I used to have [ no lets say use coz there might be few in the precious attic which is daunting ] only 1 knife till last december and used to cut all sorts of veggies, fruits with it.Last Christmas , there was this sale in Marks and Spencers where a beautiful gift wrapped knife set @30 pounds was being sold for only 5 pounds.Now how can I not be attracted like a magnet to that set and landed up buying it

Till date, it still adorns my kitchen but I have never used any of those knives and probably not sure which one is for what ..it is very similar to the pic on your blog.I tried using one of those knives once but reverted to my old knife coz I was more comfortable with it:)

Now I wonder is it bad using only one omnipresent-all-purpose knife in the kitchen ? Sometimes it is just that I am so comfortable holding it as I have been using for months and can work out faster in the kitchen.

Sharp topic whetted with AC humour :thumbsup

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

One omnipresent all purpose knife is all that is needed my dear dear friend Sabitha.
    I have a few ready to use and use all of them. Like the small ones I use to cut coconut or something like that and one I use to cut sweets one for pizza one for onion and one for cabbage and one for tomato and one for all veggies. Just habit and I also have the luxury of time.
    Your "participation" has truly brightened this blog and my day:) Thanks much sweetie.

3. mrsmanzoor

mrsmanzoor Senior IL'ite

i have only 1 knife and its the best ..i have been using it from past 2 yrs ...no need to sharp..im ery comfortable with it