1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to present ourselves good!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swathi14, Nov 26, 2008.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai ILites.

I am Andal, new member of this prestigious IL club.

I hope that u will accept this baby blog writer.[​IMG]

There are so many things to discuss for a woman ...about dress, accessories, recipes, home & office related things, latest movies our world is so peculiar and every woman is so open to discuss this.[​IMG]

I am working as an Executive in a Project Office and my job is to meet all level industry people.

I want to share some general things about the way of dressing, presenting oneself..

I have to meet the top level people who generally are males. I am dealing with Corporate people who expects punctuality, proper dress code, proper mannerism etc.

99.99% I will be in saree, not very gorgeous - a cotton saree with simple look and with lot of confidence in my face and in my conversation. But with a friendly touch.

When we meet middle level hierarchy - which is males & females mixed - I will dress more carefully. In my 1st visit I will just analyse how they look, how they move, for what things they are giving importance etc. According to their taste - I will dress and do the conversation.

Sometimes I have to meet the labour class who again mixture of males & females. While meeting them I will go with very fine dressing but definitely avoid costly things. It will separate us from them and it wont be a free conversation. We have to sit with them, share their feelings, share some jokes and after bringing a social situation only - they will come out with their real conversation.

Every human is unique with his thought , tastes & habits.

In my career I earned a good name only and my Husband will always says that I am not giving importance to his tastes. I can never ever earn a good name in my family.[​IMG]

Andal

2. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi swathi,

you have written really well as a baby writer ,i was surprised that so many have seen your blog but did not reply to u ,why???
    so i thought why not i will write to u.

first of all let congratulate for u that u r in very good position and mainting also well ,this i can find out with the way u r observing people around u and being alert everytime with your dressing sense and acting according to the situation in need....

coming to home front,why is it that your husband is not satisfied with u ,are u giving much importance to your office mainly??,are u not taking that much care as u have told us about office manners??
    can u pls tell us............then may be we can know why your dh is not happy with u

luv,
    shashi.

3. radha_chennai

radha_chennai New IL'ite

Dear Swathi,
    You should know by now,its easier to please outsiders than family.:wink:
    radha

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Sashi & Radha

Thank u for your replies.

We take our home for granted and I feel it is a hide out for me and I usually donot follow any rules for dressing there.

I think it is a place for me and to dress in a care free mood.. But I wont dress badly it will be good but not formal.

Andal

5. shobhithak

shobhithak New IL'ite

Hi Andal,

Many ladies have the tendency to get dressed-up only for occassions or only when they step out of home. Hardly do they care to present themselves good at home too.

What would make a husband more happier than seeing her wife dressed up in clean clothes, neatly combed hair, bright face with a pleasing smile and soft n caring words... while he returns home after a long day's work?

Best Regards,
    Shobhi

6. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

HI SWATHI,

your husband says that u r giving much importance to his tastes, does it mean in dressing only??

7. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear andal,
    welcome to the IL family.
    you really seem to handle your career really well.i really appreciate it.
    but i think when we come home we need to look in to our family members taste as well especially husband.why dont you discuss with him as to what are his tastes then you can arrive at something mutual which both of you agree!!!!!
    regards
    pavi