1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our IL Annapurani in Annalakshmi (S’pore- meet up)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anushiv, Sep 21, 2008.

1. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

hi anu...

all r looking excited... we were actually waiting for this from the time we came know to chitra mami is leaving to sing...

wonderful writeup topping the cake... that's cool .... enjoyed seeing the pic too...

2. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Latha Murali,

Sorry for the late reply. I am very suprised & happy know that you've seen me somewhere...now I am pressing my rewind button ( my chennai times):boo: to know something & some where it clicks...:confused2:

Sadly, I too don't remember anything:-(
    well, I am born & brought in chennai & I am here for the past 9yrs. only. I've two children. My daugher's full name is Amrita Varshini.

Anyhow, We're planning to visit chennai in Dec. If possible I'll come & try to meet you.
    Let us see each other in person- 'deeply analysis about it', ok va?

Thank you once again for the feed back.

3. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Oviya,

I am very sorry for replying you in late & thanks a lot for tasting the cake.
    I remember you too met Chitra madam only recently.
    ( Adharsha mangai- as you always call her) see the similarity, I guess, you too met her somewhere outside ? I actually wanted to meet her (at her place)on my next visit to Chennai & take a pic in that ‘oonjal’, lets see if it works out.

By the way, I too want to see you all girls in US. Can you make it to happen?:)

4. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Sundar Usha,

Thank you for stepping in to my blog & sorry for the late reply.
    I wanted describe our I’lites & the meet up differently…added the entire I’lites as ingredients & finally it turned out to be cake.
    Thank you once again for the compliment.

:bowdown

5. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Corallux,

Yup! You are our Australian counterpart in the southeastern hemisphere & I am sure you will cross us (s’pore/mal'asia) on your visit to India. Next time, pls. Do PM us. We can arrange for a meet up on your name. It will be a pleasure to have you here….I too look forward to see you in person.
    So, remember…we don’t mind having it in the changi airport also.

Thank you once again for the lovely feed -back & sorry for replying to you in late.

6. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Su,
    Welcome to my blog & sorry yaar for replying to you in late.
    I tell you – The whole day I was thinking about you two- the talk, the walk & shopping in the pagoda street. You girls were busy pulling out each other’s leg (of course without any malice) & I have total weakness for laughing. It reminded me of my college days- I used to sit in the last row ( even though I studied well) & you know how the back benchers of class behave … real ‘ Bindaas’ we will have continuous merriment through the class, & I used to get caught be’cos of my laughter.
    Now You & Sumi reminded of my classmates/friends (now no longer in touch with me) chalo, it was fun meeting you all. sudha was really carried away with my daughter- wish too meet you all again. May be we can have it in the beginning of the next year! What do you say?
    By the way, did you taste 'chitvish' halwa? & did you guess the sweet?

7. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Pushpa Madam,

I once again welcome & thank you for reading my blog. And I am very sorry for sending late a reply. Actually, we were planning to have Sing I’lites meet up (long time back)…but some how it was always unsuccessful. Your friend came, we all met & it happened. I think that is why... people generally say. We need elders around for any good thing to happen. This meet-up is an example for it.

8. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Lalitha Venkat,

I too want to thank you for stepping in & sharing your views.
    The comparison was just a spark that appeared while typing.
    I am happy to see many readers like you appreciating that ‘idea’.
    Thank very much for the feedback.

Then just now I read your thread about Nirmala College, where is it?
    Is’t in T.N?

9. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear Lalitha Shiva guru,

Thanks for entering in to my blog & for the Positive feedback.
    Yes, we had a good time. I should say short, sweet & a memorable one.
    And you are right ! specialty of the IL is to make strangers in to friends.
    Thank you once again for the response.

10. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear latha,

Hi, Happy to see you once again. The Annalakshmi (I guess, at that time of your stay was near city hall (Excelsior hotel) now they have shifted to china town.
    The place is bit small /cramped & has less variety but it is the only alternative restaurant that is outside Little India, heart of the City & has buffet. So, we opted out for it.
    If you have a chance again to come to S’pore…lets have one more get together at the same spot. I am ready for it.