Pregnancy - week 6

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Kriga, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Kirthi,

Congratulations and Welcome to this site.
    1. It is okay not have the nausea or morning sickness during your first trimester. ( i guess you are one of the lucky ones, I also did not suffer from this for both my pregnancies).
    2. Yes feeling tired in the mornings is one of the symptoms. Your body is going through a lot of hormonal changes now. There is no way of overcoming it other than to take it easy and get plenty of rest.
    3. Regarding food, Pregnancy is not a disease to avoid any food. At the same time do not overindulge with the idea of " eating for two". Everything in moderation is the key. In general , get plenty of fiber and ofcourse vital nutrients by having lots of fruits and veggies. Keep an eye on the amount of carbs you have ( white bread, white rice, pasta etc..) . Cut down on oily and fried food. Okay to have once in a way. So also cut down on pickles and salty items. I know there are myths like avoiding papaya and pineapple etc... , but these are just myths. Ripe papaya is good source of vitamins so also pineapple.
    4. Walking is the best form of excercise , all through your pregnancy. I know there are pregnancy yoga videos and other pregnant work out videos that are available , but walking is the most effective of all. So continue to walk at a comfortable pace right up till the end.
    5. Please do read the " what to expect when you are expecting book" .

lets us know if you have any other questions.

Best of luck
    Vandhana

2. Kriga

Kriga New IL'ite

Hi,

what are suggested questions that ought to be asked when i see my Ob/Gyn?

thanks!
    Krithi

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Kirthi

There are no standard rules for asking questions to an OB/GYN.Whenever you have a doubt regarding something,just note it down.When you visit your GYN,you can ask him/her those questions.Also,when you have any doubts regarding anything,you can ask your parents first since they will be able to advise you best.Afterall,they have brought us to this earth and they will know a lot of things which will be unknown to us.Ofcourse,you can post it here too and one of us will surely reply.

Try and avoid carbonated drinks like coke,Pepsi and sodas.Eat a lot of sprouts and fruits.Most important--stay cool and relaxed all the time.Don't get tensed up regarding the pregnancy.Like Vandhana said-Pregnancy is not a disease.My doctor told me the same thing when during my pregnancy I had Hypertension and gestational diabetes and was advised bed-rest from the 7th mnth by my previous doctor.My doctor said-'You are pregnant,you are not sick.For ages,women have been bearing children and you are not the first one to bear a child'

That is exactly it.When you realise that there are many women out there who have gone through all types of pregnancies,it becomes easier for you to relax and stay cool.:cool2:

4. radi

radi New IL'ite

This is Radhika from Texas. Congratulations for u'r good news.
    Am also 6 weeks pregnent now. Am very happy to share this news to all of us. In this site they r giving some valueble suggestions. am telling lots of thanks to all of Indusladies members. :-D

5. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

:)

Congrats :)
    first place nice smiling calanders babies in ur bedroom picture of ur husband bcz u wil be seeing them more and be pleasant
    during your whole period of pregnancy try to be calm composed try to read gud books which give u peace as ur mental position wud reflect on ur baby .
    Try to go for short walks avoid too much oily and fried sort of fuds , relish on fruits vegetables and not on high calorie fuds eat wotever u want to as they say a craving arises during ur pregnancy If u have morning sickness pl try to avoid waking up too early :)
    be prepared for getting heavier and loosing all ur measurements :))
    do not take any sort of medicines antibiotics etc which r really not necessary without showing to a gynaec .
    keep talkg to friends and cheer up urslf

6. kb2000

kb2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dhivya,

Nowadays coolgoose is not anymore there... Could you upload that song mentioned by you in your post to some file hosting site, so that all the members can benefit.

If you need help uploading them, please PM me.

Thanks,
    kb

7. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Sure I Can do that . Plz let me know how to do it.

Once more thing coolgoose.com is now cooltoad.com.

But I can upload.

-Dhivya

8. Kriga

Kriga New IL'ite

Dear gals,

I finally feel good after couple of weeks. I was having severe cold and cough. I feel really better today. I did not take any medicine albeit steam treament with vicks.

Hopefully i stay the same. It was really tough having morning sickness coupled with cold and cough during weekdays. Atleast during the weekends i could get some rest.

I bought the book " What to expect when expecting.." Very good book.

If any of you from orange county would like to read the book let me know. I can share it with you. Please feel free.

Also my health insurance company gifted me a book " Pregnancy week by week". Let me know if any of you would like to browse through the book.

Regards,
    Kriga

9. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Good to hear Kirga.
    Dont' forget to make a list about ur discomforts and make sure that u ask ur OB/GYN about those.
    Try to eat lot of healthy food, even when u feel like eating junk.
    Most of all ask ur husband to read that book so that he will be aware of what u r going through mentally n physical.

Take good care of ur health.

-DSrini

10. Kriga

Kriga New IL'ite

Dear gals,

I was not sure if cocoa intake is safe during pregnancy. I drink milk+Nesquick in the mornings. Nesquick does have cocoa in it.

Please let me know.

thanks,
    Krithi