1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Mother First

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Brindha I am seeing too many girls like Shalini... especially in my close family circle.. only when you see in close family do you get an idea.. becuase when just meetin them you dont get to see the impact.. Its however my wish these girls will grow up from petty and childish behaviour and mature and take responsibility. Thanks for your support and kind words..:)

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hey AC, you've really brought out the essence in a beautiful way. I agree that if parents have a good SIL they may be ready to support him if their daughters are wrong....but how many VIdya's do you find today, or for that matter how many Biju's are there.

But i hope many of them read this and change over a new leaf in their life.

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Ac,

A beautiful blog from you showing the responsiblities that a woman needs to handle. It is said that a slap when given at the right time will work wonders. And Vidya did give that very much needed slap to Shalini and made her realise the aret of parenthood and to shoulder responsiblites too.

4. madhurigupta

madhurigupta New IL'ite

well written story, but this is what we are seeing in india in every house. DIL are spending a very self indulgent life. u know the ME ME ME type. The character of vidya is worth praising. MIL's need to step up instead of just ignoring the situation which makes their son's life also miserable. Keep writing, a nice attempt.

5. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

From Navaljee To Ms. anandchitra

We should wish that such incidences occur less and less. But once a family is placed in such a situation, the way out you have referred in your short story is quire praiseworthy.

Navaljee
    [​IMG]

6. Anandchitra

Roopa In real life we cannot see many of this in action.. somtimes its nice to live in the fiction world.. one of the recent events that made me write this is my nephews wife who has a dog in her house.. and my sisinlaw her mil, is terrified of these dogs.. so she requested the dil to keep them one day in a nearby kennel while she visited her newborn grandson.. which the dil promptly refused to do.. such a small courtesy could not be extended to the husbands mother who also went thru si many sufferings to bring up her own.. thats the world for you..

7. Anandchitra

Lallu I agree spare the rod and spoil the child.. these days many parents do spare the rod.. Thanks for cheering me along:)

8. Anandchitra

Madhuri I am seeing this through out the world today.. maybe its the way the girls are brought up.. but they do not want anything to do with the inlaws side once they get married..
    They just want the husband and his money.. do you know its not easy to raise a son and give him education.. the least a motherin law can expect is courtesy which is totally absent.. thanks for stepping in.

9. Anandchitra

Navaljee coming from a writer of your calibre its a honor for me.. thank you.

10. nikkypk

nikkypk New IL'ite

this is a great new age story ....i enjoyed reading it
    nikky :)