1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Alamelu Athai

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Aug 6, 2008.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sona sanju,
    Thank you my dear friend fr that lovely comment.I really appreciate it.Thanks a ton.Such motivating words give me the enthusiasm to sit late at night and type away to my heart's content.
    Thanks
    love
    mithila kannan

2. gemini91

gemini91 New IL'ite

yes.Its true that education alone can help.but how come Natesan like people are there?Since he is also a man hes not able to admit other mans mistake and animal like behaviour/
    Alamelu Athai should be there in every household to help Vasu like girls.Ans good that shes brave enough to live alone
    Thanks mithila mam for this

3. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear gemini,
    My dear friend,education alone will not help girls to get out of such a situation.They need courage and more than that it is the duty of the parents to instill in them the spirit of self respect,self esteem.The urge to protect her selfrespect and be a respected humanbeing alone will help a woman to fight against such injustice.Some women brought up in a protected atmosphere need support to help them through and thank God that Alamelu Athai was there for Vasu t protect her,guide her and be a pillar of support for her.
    Thanks for the lovely and lively FB my dear.
    love
    mithila kannan

4. mythili sampath

mythili sampath New IL'ite

dear mythili madam,

good good good very good.

I could guess in the very beginning itself that athai is going to be like this. but still could not stop reading further.
    one more feather to your cap.
    with lot many loves
    mythili

5. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dearest mithila,
    you have explained this story very well!!!!
    so many young girls though are educated still continue suffering in corners of various households!!!!just because they want to protect family name and their parents and siblings????eventually they forget their whole life.
    world is changing and so are people's views these girls should come out and build their own life's
    and such beasts like aravindhan should be definitely punished.
    i also agree with the view that a person should not suffer when he/she has got a way out of it.
    absolutely loved the character of alamelu athai.
    hats off to her and you!!!!!!!
    luv
    pavi

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mithila,
    I just loved the last para...
    If only the generation gap narrows in this matter..mm...hope so in the future...old generation giving moral support to the younger one.. let us try to be like that...

sriniketan

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Mithila sweetheart
    You have truly excelled yourself.. what a story.. I am so touched.. and these lines I feel are the best..
    .."The whole family watched them go out, with wonder and dismay.One woman belonging to the old generation and the other belonging to the new generation walked linking their hands,the old giving support and moral strength to the younger one."..

keep writing:)

8. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mythili,
    With this blog you are now making me renew my request to your for creative writing classes.
    I could guess the ending. I could even guess Alamelu Athais reaction. But even then the story was quite interesting.
    I had so many things to do this morning. Haven't read the newspapers yet. Haven't had my second coffee yet. I logged in to post replies to ALS4. But seeing the title and guessing that you'd be the author, I entered this blog. And this was surely worth my skipping so many things in the morning.
    I hate Natesan's typical middle class brahmin attitude. Having gone out of the way to give that kind of financial freedom to his daughter, to ask her not to use it, to insist her suffer in silence the torture from the beast of her husband... it's ridiculous. I too have a daughter. But I tell you, between Aravindh and Natesan, the latter is the worse pervert. I would first kill Natesan before aiming my gun at the pervert from Delhi.
    Great blog as usual.
    Now I am renewing my request for CW classes.
    love,

9. vaani15

vaani15 New IL'ite

10. vaani15

vaani15 New IL'ite

Computer Typing Good Post...