1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To forget a birthday

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Muzna How did you sum up what goes on in my life too... oh if we dare forget! In a way it looks like its better to forget such people right? Thanks for stepping in:)

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

AC,
    Count me in too...I am also in the same boat as you...don't expect anything on a b'day...except, I see to it that I don't yell on my b'day, my childrens' and my DH, respectively..
    As you had mentioned, simplicity went along with peace...but now. in the name of being modern, complexities arise..

sriniketan

3. Anandchitra

Bhargavi.. we both are more alike than you know.. same pinch.. Only when I decide not to YELL on anyone will definetly happen for sure.. especailly on wedding anniversary.. but between you and I, really i TRY very hard:)

4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dearmost Anandchitra Madam,

Thanks for accepting my comments.

My birthdate : A day before I joined you all.... It is in my username itself....!!!!! Got it ??????

5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Chitra

I fully agree with your views. But I am very fond
    of celebrating birthdays. My husband does not
    believe in that. He is from old times. In my
    younger days myself and my friend were very
    close to each other. We used to make birthday
    cards and give to each other. Then used to make a book full of thoughts , jokes etc and give to each other. Then after I started working used to buy new saree for birthdays.

Mostly I started after I got married to buy new
    saree for my birthday. I used to buy myself.
    I cut cake first timein my life in office and in the bus on my 50th birthday. In office everyone used to
    greet and give cards for my birthday. I also
    used to give to others for their birthday to those
    who are close friends.

viji

6. Anandchitra

Viji So nice to hear from you.. I feel that sometimes life takes a toll and then certain things take a back seat.. its more important to be together .. nice that you did get to have your cake.. 50 is quite young my friend:)

7. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

AC Dear..I too cherish a warm hug, a helping hand, a smile and those little gestures to make my day....but with all those things, I even want birthday cards, gifts and chocolote:tongue...You see..I have already told you in advance what I want...so waiting to receive them from you..
    Anyway good blog yaar...I have never involved myself in arranging a birthday party...

8. Anandchitra

It is very special to recieve a birthday card by mail .. sometimes like here whom we might not have met in person.. because thats what it will be if I send you one.. do send me your address and birthday date..
    Ya its nice to get all the goodies.. no doubt.. only sometimes the focus gets to the cake and not the thoughts.. In the long run you want the love and affection and thoughts to be with you.. not something that will perish overnight!.. just my opinion:)

9. madhurigupta

madhurigupta New IL'ite

hi! it totally depends how u take b'days. it should be a happy one as u were born on this day. u landed on this earth to see what life is ( which is ofcourse not full of roses). I am not a big fan of any celebrations, which look like waste of money & time & NO FUN. For me b'days are to make calls to whoever's B'day it is. even if i have not called them the whole yr. And if that person is my near & dear one i bake a cake & surprise them. I know they luv it.B"DAYS should be about wishing & remembering each other on that day & not pomp & show. Gifts or no gifts should not be given any importance. It should be the company of your loved ones on this day that u should look forward. And the efforts of the people who are taking all the trouble to come & wish u in person should be appreciated.

10. Anandchitra

Madhurigupta WOW what a wonderful comment and feedback to this blog.. and what a wonderful take on birthdays in general.. I cannot agree with you more.. Every birthday i remember i have spent with people I love being parents and husband and then son.. now for the past many years my loving nephew and niece and sis in law have been added.. just being together in their company far exceeds any celebrations for me.. I mean any pomp and show and dining reservations.. all these people do come with gifts and cakes and as such proof for me to be grateful and thank GOD.