1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Busy husbands

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lucullan, Jul 25, 2008.

1. lucullan

lucullan New IL'ite

My hubby is in Hyderabad already fully engaged in his new job. I am like so amazed how busy he is :shock:. He works all days, except on Sundays when he is actually house hunting. He starts at 8 a.m. in the morning and is hardly ever done before 10 p.m. usually engaged in some business dinner. Is that normal working time in India?

I am beginning to worry how on earth i will manage all by myself in a new town if he wont be able to be there for us at all?!? Anyone with simillar experience? How much of "not being there at all" would you "tolerate" in your spouse?

Where do you draw a line where you think it's just not worth it for him to have a super duper job if it makes your life kind of separated? I miss having him around! :-( I don't think anything has much sense if he is away all the time...

I know very well, that i will have to work hard to make friends and find some sort of hobby or something that will keep me engaged. I think the worst think any wife can do is to sit idle at home and just wait for hubby to come home because sooner or later arguments will start. I know i will be busy with the new baby but still I believe adults desperately need adult company or else one can go insane from gugus and gagas...lol.

My priorities when i land in Hyderabad:
    1. 1. Find a good gynecologist and maternity hospital! Very important to not feel anxious about the delivery. (Start nesting...lol)
    2. 2. Settle Anoushka down in her new school. We chose Sreenidhi International School. Frankly, no other school had any space to take her.
    3. 3. Find something for my soul in the area we will live in. I believe a happy mom can make kids happy and happy wife can make hubby happy.
    And here is the photo of our princess on her 5th birthday :)
    [​IMG]

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

lucullan,
    Very cute daughter of yours!
    Even my hubby is of that type...but that has got into my system...
    the points you had noted down here is very apt for the situation.
    Happy parenting...

sriniketan

3. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

hi Lucallan,

Firstly, your daughter is really adorable!

Secondly, I am married for a year now and I feel my hubby is "over-working" as well ! For me,balance is so important that I can't imagine working 12 hrs a day...well, I am sure long hrs also depend on industry/work nature.I am guessing your husband is taking a bit more time to adjust and soon things should be okay.

For yourself, I guess indulging in your hobbies or any new interests will keep you happy or rather happier and thereby happy family! :)

About the school, I am unable to help since I have no clue of Hyderabad.

I am wishing you all the best!! Keep smiling...

-Ranganayaki

4. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Dear,

Welcome to the busy husband society.

I agree with Ranga, that the industry / work nature and position at which he is also plays a pivotal role here. For us the office is just 10 min. away so i make sure that my husband comes home for lunch and dinner. (2-3 days he is working very late due to oversee calls).

So now it is on us how we best utilise our time and keep ourselves occupied so there are no arguements and fights. But make sure that over the weekends you on sunday you get complete attention of your husband when he is at home. Make him also see sense and strike a work - home balance.

All the best.

BTW anoushka is very cute.

Roopa.

5. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi lucullan,
    you have listed out great points and i am sure this will take up most of your time!!!!!
    when the baby arrives i think you will be more busy than your husband with 2 kids around!!!!!!
    also sometimes jobs are quite demanding and deadlines fixed,most of us face this situations.
    just take a break when you can for little picnics etc.
    i am sure you would be able to make friends easily.our hyderabad friends will definitely guide you in getting to know hyderabad!!!!!
    anoushka looks very pretty!!!!!
    take good care and wish you a safe delivery!!!!!
    regards
    pavi

6. insatiable

insatiable New IL'ite

Hi Dear,

I am in Hyderbad too!! It has been 6-7 months here... am putting up in Miyapur... wannabe friends... need some good friends here... just shifted from Delhi after marraige...