1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Question of the week

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Dr.Niran, May 14, 2008.

1. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Thank you Niran
    I have copied it into my drafts and will forward it to anyone who complains of bad breath or that the mouthwash they use is ineffective.
    Thanks for the lovely blog on Dentals.
    bestwishes
    preethi

2. Dr.Niran

Dr.Niran New IL'ite

Lalitha,

The answer to your question is posted in kid's corner. Please check it there.
    Thanks for your cooperation.

Niran

3. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

Dr Niran,

Thanks for starting this dental topic! Very useful tips. Will look forward to more.

Ranganayaki

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Dr,

Thanks for your suggestion and feedback.

I do not have bad odors but want to have my teeth cleaned as it is tainted and lot of build up is there. Our dentist advised to go for cleaning and he suggested to put a bleach cap for few hours and give a nice polish to that. Hearing the bleaching everything I am little sceptical. Is it really safe? How often cleaning can be done? Some say Cleaning often will lead to gums becoming loose, Is it so? Can you kindly clarify?

Thanx in advance.

5. Dr.Niran

Dr.Niran New IL'ite

Lalitha,

The first step would be to get your teeth cleaned.Getting your teeth cleaned once in six months will not bother the gums, in fact that is the recommended protocol.

After cleaning, if you still need the bleach u can go for it. The only pros to get the bleach done is- it whitens your teeth. But the cons are- u need to be watchful of what you eat or drink- like drinking coffee, coke, fanta will lead to staining of teeth. Sometimes your teeth may become sensitive after bleaching. My advise would be to get cleaning done and make it a routine to get it every six months.

6. anuani2202

anuani2202 New IL'ite

Dear Dr,

My son is 8 yrs now and and his ,ilk tooth are being replaced by permeant one. but problem is the permenant tooth comes behind the milk tooth and the milk tooth doesnt fall at all every time i need to go to the Dr to extract the milk tooth . Why it is happening so.and the new teeth growing hapazardly. The Dr. Says that teeth will come to it position as the age goes. It is ok if the permanent tooth errupts behind the milk tooth. kindly advice
    rdgs anu

7. Dr.Niran

Dr.Niran New IL'ite

Anuani,

The answer to your question is posted in kids corner of my blog. Please read it there.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Niran

8. indsunusdar

indsunusdar New IL'ite

i have two teeth broke and the the roots only there . i am very much afraid to go the dentist because my uncle died after the removal of tooth. but i have bad mouth odour .

is the removing of the left root will give such pain.

next why odour is coming and how to avoid.

i brush 3 times after the food and use the mouth wash.

but when i sleep for 2 minutes the odour start
    why it is coming
    any body advice

9. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Go for an antibacterial mouthwash instead of an alcohol-based as alcohol may cause dry mouth & irritation. Use it just before bedtime.