1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Theme park (mis)adventure!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sudhanarayanan, Apr 23, 2008.

1. sudhanarayanan

sudhanarayanan Senior IL'ite

Dont try what you shoudnt be trying, is what I should have said to myself during my trip to a theme park in B'lore...
    Me the great, forgetting how weak-hearted i actually am, went for my team outing to the theme park....

[​IMG]

Wow, what a place, i said.. after looking at the various rides, not knowing that it was going to give me ultimate horror shocks and vayatha kalakkals! :D

Here goes my experience...We went for the first ride, which was supposed to be 'even-the- smallest-of-baccha-will-enjoy-it' kinda ride... My team mates said that it will be nothing at all and will be loads of fun! Trusting is the last thing you should be doing in such instances.. :p

Me, though i was slightly scared, projected an expressionless face, trying big time to hide the fear which i felt.. Bu still, the great lady decides to do it!! "Thats the spirit", my teammates echoed...That moment was nice, believe me, probably that was the last moment which was nice, that whole day!!
    So we all settled in our seats, they were locked.. Slowly the feeling, and hence the fear began to sink in.. I was dead scared.. It was going to start.. Oh My God!!! I shouted to the operator.. "Can I get down now??" The operator said that it was locked and that was it!!
    Now I was scared to something beyond death!!!! He wouldnt even let me out till its over! What if i faint there? :( What if everything in my stomach comes out? Oh no!! :( :(
    The ride starts... First few seconds it moves at ok speed... Its a ride wherein, everyone faces in front, and the whole row of seats move as if a circle is being drawn.. It slowly goes up, then increases the speed and goes round and round like CRAZY!!
    I was screaming in fright at the top of my voice.. I tried to close my eyes.. I could actually feel that all the organs in my system were getting displaced from their original positions..I was sure that I was going to die, if I continued there..
    At that moment of fear, I didnt even realize that I was the only one screaming.. In less than a minute, all of a sudden a magical thing happened.. The machine stopped!!!!!! I was almost dead.. and relieved as well... The operator came to me, and seeing my plight, asked me if i wanted to get down... Whew!!! Finally!! The 10-12 yr old kid sitting next to me gave a 'whats-wrong-with-her' kinda look... One brave kid I thought.. :p..
    I thanked the operator profusely for saving my life, and got out of the death machine and hurried far away from that ride.. Phew!!!
    You think I wud have got tricked to taking some other ride after this??
    Muhahahaha... NO way! Not a chance! :D
    So was a mute spectator/photograher during the other rides where people went up and down vertically at terrorizing speed, where people with high level guts were suspended in mid air upside down, totally at the mercy of the machine..!! etc...
    After getting bored becoz of jus accompanying ppl, I decided to go atleast one more ride..the water splash ride.. Thought that this was comparitively better as the shock will last only for a few seconds..
    When the boat was moving towards the top, during the final stage, everyone screamed and i joined too... After a few seconds, thinking that it was all over, i opened my eyes, and only then realized that the boat had just started its deadly journey down the hill..!!!!!!!!
    Aaaauuuuwww!! I saw the free fall which we were taking.. My heart was in my stomach...My stomach was in my mouth and everything else jumbled up.. I thought that it was the end of it all.!!!.. I was going to either fall from the boat or get a heart attack..!! After a few seconds i realized that neither happened.. "I survived! I survived!! "- I screamed to the other people in the boat....
    Went back home with a haunted look on my face!
    Thats it folks.. no more experiences like this.. enough for the entire lifetime.. Phew! Tooo much! ...

Feel free to share your theme park adventures. ;-)

2. loveshack

loveshack New IL'ite

lol...that's very funny! Good on you to have survived it! :)

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha
    It is sad to know about you experiences in the Theme Park
    I just enjoy them more then this I enjoy the water park it is more fun in the water. I usually hate only the roller coaster which turns u upside down. You feel your whole body has got transfered to your head...........hahaha otherwise ok.

4. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Sudha,
    I am little brave when it comes to rides, but my husband is not..hahaha..Last time we went on that monster boat, I was enjoying the near death experience, playing with gravity. My husband was reciting shlokas with eyes closed. The other friend of ours was shouting and asking them to stop...It was super funny.

The post was enjoyable. I could imagine it all so easily.
    Keep blogging lady :)

5. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

I used to be very scared initially and then came a friend of mine who was really enthu about all these rides. He brainwashed me giving all the science behind it - the G-effect et al , that no ride actually goes beyond 4-6 minutes and insisted I went in all of them. Initially I was super-scared to even open my eyes, but later I started opening it (with even more brain-washing I must say) and started enjoying the feeling of organs getting displaced and the butterflies running everywhere within. I think part of the thrill is in building the suspense out - they just mark that you have now reached the height of leaning tower of pisa, you reached the height of niagara etc. on a very slow ride up the ride, which makes you literally hear your heart beat :) And that single second on the top just before the free fall, where you can feel your leg oscillating from that point, Wow !! Rest of it is feeling through action and reaction.. But my guts still donot permit that up-side down pendulum oscillation to view (?!) the entire themepark, or sittin gon the first row for that matter :) My husband like MeenLoch's is scared of heights even for a simple ride on the winch ! So I gave him all these fundas of G-effect, how pilots are selected for fighter crafts, the shortest duration of the actual ride, but hoo hoo, he just said, "No thanks. I am good. You can go to whatever you want, but I will be happy watching the bags and probably taking a picture of you ! It is anyways a roller-coaster of emotions from the day we started to know each other !"..

Nice topic Sudha..

6. Ranganayaki

Ranganayaki New IL'ite

You have a very comic touch to your post , I couldn't stop smiling from the start to stop! :)
    In contrast to you, I do enjoy theme park and some wild rides, but guess what Giant wheels still scare me, I go nuts!!

Recently never been to any rides, I hope I still have some guts to enjoy them even after a big break!

Keep posting...

7. sudhanarayanan

loveshack,
    Yeah! I still cannot come to terms with how I survived that.. Big Laugh

Arunarc,
    How do you people manage to do that.. Bow Even I know a lot of people who find it really nice and thrilling... But not my cup of tea... I wish I cud also do it.. :(

8. sudhanarayanan

Dear Meenloch,
    I can sure empathize with your husband ! And talking about the monster boat, I know people who vomited when they were suspended vertically... Only for the strong hearted u see...

Dear gayu,
    Both of us victims of brainwashing! bonk . I heard somewhere that for some people, all these thrilling rides make the stomach secrete some fluid more, due to which dizziness and uncomfortable feeling comes in... Drowning

Ranganayaki,
    Thanks so much for the compliment. If you enjoyed the post and smiled or laughed, it makes me the happiest as that is the intent of my blog. Bow

9. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sudha,
    While reading your post I was visualising everything that happened with me in my college days with all my frds..........in a theme park.......yeah, I also went for the water splash and the hanging boat ride.........omg......after that never tried one.........same pinch dear....I was also brainwashed by all my groupmates.......I am happy to find another me in this earth......
    Regards.

10. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Sorry to bang in again.......
    But I had to say another ride.......Camel ride........it was horrible when the camel enters the sea.......my hubby dear was the brainwasher this time.....he said sweet sweet things and made me ride the camel in Puri beach........OMG.......I felt like I will fall down........in fact I was not worried for falling down but worried for being crushed by the feet of the big camel........I screamed so much.....and finally stopped screaming when hubby gave me ultimatum to stop otherwise he will push me off the camel back......Big Laugh.......it was so funny.........and finally I got releif when I got down.......I took pics of it so as to prove everybody that I had a ride on camel back.......
    Regards.........