1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The love for RICE

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MeenLoch, Apr 18, 2008.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

AC,
    Rice eaters and thin people - Yeah they intrigue me a lot. It's probably to do with their genes :).
    Mine makes me put on weight right away..hehe

2. loveshack

loveshack New IL'ite

Wow!What a yummy looking picture! I don't think eating rice has anything much to do with one's body fat...but i maybe wrong...somehow,reducing the quantity of rice seems to work for some people who want to reduce weight....interesting thought!

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow indeed a tempting picture, but wish there was some roties instead of rice. It is not that I hate rice. But not so fond of it I prefer more of roties but as said all is important for your body so will have very little rice everyday

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

nice tempting pics meenloch,
    yes all south indians cannot do without rice but it is only for lunch in our house and evening it is always chapathi or idli or dosai, or upma and so on, but yes mostly chapathi, as we love the stuff with simple veg and salad and now that it is summer a thayir pachadi is a must in our afternoon lunch..sunkan
    [​IMG]

5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Aruna,
    Lucky you ! Rice is not a mandatory food or is it ? If you need carbs rice has it all. Brown rice is another option with lot of fibre.

I like your avatar. Quite different !

6. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Sundari mam,
    Credit to picture goes to who took it. I got it from google images.
    Thayir pachadi...mmmmmMy mom used to make..Thanks for reminding it. I am going to try some very soon. Like you, we don't have rice during night, because of the inactivity that follows.

It seems, sumo wrestlers eat lot of carbs and sleep right after, in order to increase their fat. The fat in their body is subcutaneuos( just under skin and not visceral, i.e.inside body.).

Thnx for commenting here ! Waiting for more recipes on your blog area.

7. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

Bojanam seyya vaarungal is a wonderful fast beat number.. Ardent music lovers may quench hunger just hearing to it, hey - but i still need mammam.. pappu pottu, mammu pottu, nei kuthi, pisenju pisenju.. hee hee..

8. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Gayu,
    Anda madiri ootti vitta soopera irukkum :)
    Bojanam Seyya Varungal makes me feel inferior about my cooking skilld...So many varities of food in that song.

How about the songKalyana Samayal Sadam, Kaigarigalum pramadam " ?

9. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Very tempting pic and our meal without Rice... no way :))
    Me and hubby have rice for our lunch and i will take some in the night for the only reason that i am lean , people will shout at me if i say that i will take rice only once....

Having lunch on Banana leaf.... oooooo ML you are tempting me, i shld go in search of banana leafs this weekend...

keep blogging...

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear ML,

Count on our family for Rice. We can eat rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My kids love all sorts of mixed rices for their lunchbox and breakfast. Just can't imagine food without rice that too to complete a meal thatchi mammam.......... and not to say about thayir pacchadi mmmmmmmmm:drool and you won't believe it we need curd for everything from mixed rice to chapathi, dosa, idli etc as a side dish and the final thing to finish it off.