1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Music my passion 7-Tamil Film Songs that struck a chord

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi ma'am

U were lucky enough..u were not disturbed being a back bencher. But no matter where i sit, somebody will be there to come n disturb me. Yesterday i shifted from my place to the back bench which was empty then thinking i will prepare for my test in the afternoon. I was writing n studying. Hardly ten mins would have passed one of my friend came n asked, "Enna panra?" inspite of seeing infront what i was doing. I replied, "Ezhudi paathu padichutu irukaen." He said, "Sari enaku ne ezhudara notebook test apo kudu." I "yedhuku?" for this he replied, "Padichu paathu ezhudhathan." I had a hearty laugh for sometime before getting into study again. Like this, if i start studying, somebody will always come n chit-chat for every five to ten mins.

Even i don't get to know the lyrics of few songs of new movies. But my friends especially boys they like songs of type in which lyrics are not clear n are western based..I remember once we were discussing about caller tunes n i said, "I am going to keep kaatrin mozhi as my caller tune."(It was the time when mozhi was released) My friends retored back, "Unaku yaarum call panna vaendana adha directa sollidu adhukunu ipdila call panravangala insult pannadha."

Now, Bheema has got nice songs in it. Mudhal mazhai is my caller tune now right from the time the audio release was made. Usually i change my caller tune every month or once in atleat two months but for the past four months this song is my caller tune. It is not that i like this song very much but i am looking out for a good new song to replace mudhal mazhai...i have not found one yet.bonk

Among the new songs,

'Akkam pakkam yaarum illa boologam veandum', 'Vizhiyil vandhu vizhiyil' from the movie Kireedam', 'Mudhal mazhai', 'Enadhuyirae enadhuyirae enakenavae ne kidaithai' from Bheema, 'Minnalgal koothadum mazhaikaalam' from 'Polladavan' are all nice to hear..

2. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

'Poo vasam' is from Anbe Sivam...Janani ma'am has written Hey RamRant..

And it is 'uyirilae yenadhu uyirilae' from Vaetaiyadu vilaiyadu n not uyirinai enadhu uyirinai...Janani ma'am ungaluku kamal sir yevlo pidikum Rajini sir yevlo pidikunu yenaku theriyum ana adhukunu ipdiya?

The song 'Ne paartha paarvaikoru nandri' is really a haunting melody as mentioned by Manju ma'am. The movie is Hey Ram. One of the movies which still remains to be a mystery for me.

The song, 'Poongatrilae un swasathai thaniyaga thaedi paarthaen' from the movie 'Uyirae' is a powerful melody that stirs even strong hearts.

'Kaadhalikum pennin kaiyil' in Lata mam's list is a good one. It has got funny lines like 'Panju mutai anju rupai nee paathi thindru thandhadhal latcha roopai.'

I like the modern version of 'Mangalyam thandhuna..' in 'Alaipayuthae'. All songs of Minnalae, Mouna raagam, Agni Nakshatram are treats for ears. 'Mandram vandha thendralku manjam vara nenjam illaiyo anbae en anbae' is an evergreen melody with excellent lines like 'thamarai maelae neer thuli pol thalaivanum thalaiviyum vazhvadhenna'...

Lines like 'Un ullam naan kaana yen aayul podhathu, en anbai naan solla un kaalam podhathu' in the song 'kaadhal sadugadu', 'Unnai alli yeduthu ullangaiyil madithu kaikuttaiyil olithu kolvaen, veli varumbodhu viduthalai seithu vaendum varum vangi kolvaen' in 'Snegithanae..', 'Kaatril yendhan kaigal rendum unnai andri yaarai thaedum vilagi pogathae tholainthu povaenae naan' in 'Uyirin uyirae uyirin uyirae' are all catchy or should i say touchy!

'She is a fantasy...oru ooril azhagae uruvai oruthi irundhalae' is a beautiful song with bubbly, cute, charming Jyothika in it. It is like as if it was written for her as 'Anbae Anbae kolladhae' in Jeans was written for Aishwarya Rai.

'Yengae yenathu kavithai kanavilae yezhudhi maditha kavithai'...This song comes in the movie 'Kandukondaen kandukondaen' when the heroine sees her lover marrying someone else.

The turning point of 'Minsara kanavu'...'Vennilavae vaenillavae vinai thaandi varuvaaya' is my all time favo. For sure it is the favo of many with lyrics like, 'Yettadha uyarathil nilavai vaithavan yaaru, kaiyodu sikkamal kaatrai vaithavan yaaru..' in it.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

meena dear,

I had tough time saving my assignments and notes. it will disappear even before it comes to my hands..so i can understand, and those were days when we did not have lecturers for graphics and all..

I don't understand how can some people can have such loud caller tunes..when u are standing in the bank, in schools suddenly the tunes hits your ears..and sometimes, the personality of the person and the tune will be just opposite...

My son was singing one song, i don't remember, now, which was so vulgur, and he does not understand, the meaning, but only because of the loud beat...it took me so much patience to explain without giving the meanings, that it was bad and he should not sing..

I like the akkam pakkam and mudhal mazhai melodies..did not know the movie names..thanks....

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Meena,

thanks dear , for coming back and patiently correcting the errors and also giving your reasons...

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

To tell the truth, Shanthi, i went yesterday and took a look at my collection of film songs..and was surprised to see that most of it were already been listed here.. and I don't know what to include from my list...great going..

Sriniketan

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sriniketan,

Thanks for your comments.would have liked to know your list and the reason...please do come back....

7. goodper

goodper New IL'ite

interesting topics with lot of information about old songs.pl somebody give me a good link to download old tamil and hindi mp3 songs.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Goodper,

Thanks for stepping in. download at Tamil songs and hindi at cooltoad.

9. Jayalakshmiraj

Jayalakshmiraj New IL'ite

another good list from you! Many of the songs I would like to listen..

Right now I can think of " Ulagam Pirandhadhu Enakkagha.. Oodum nadhiyum ".. MGR..mmmm
    and also When depressed.. sing " Vazha ninaithal Vazhallam" It never fails to uplift the mood..

10. Jayalakshmiraj

Jayalakshmiraj New IL'ite

Rajmiarun,

May I add a comment on your comment..
    your choice of "Neele neele Ambar" is superb. I hold as the classy song topper!

Good choice..